Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok, that i read first about that game was risc legacy with priats ^^
but a sail game whre pirats can caputer and destroy forts, and con made hideouts sound very cool.
if the game got, different schips, and pirats & soldier minis , and buldings that could be cool. even if the map look is cool.

but like risk legacy i would wish the game had remove stickers.
and a treasure box wer the player could store the card that out of the game.

and charakter models.^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
gonrhade wrote:

I think that defeats the purpose of the game concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:
gonrhade wrote:

I think that defeats the purpose of the game concept.

Yes - and no. Depends what you feel the concept of the game is.

Taking decisions across a lengthy series of games, removing some cards from the game, altering the board for future games.....these I would say are the "core" of the concept. The "...and then you have a fixed board to play on in future" is a very minor consideration.

Personally, I would like to see a customisable game where you can do just as was suggested - customise the board through a campaign, but then "re-set" to play again from the beginning once you'd finished. It's why I made myself a replayable version of Legacy, and why I will be doing the same with SeaFall....but I'd prefer it if the game allowed me to do it itself!

And, of course, anyone who wanted to keep their board fixed after the campaign ends could do so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that the concept revolves around the theme that real decisions are permanent. There is no reset button for life. This is perhaps getting a bit too philosophical for Risk (and now, SeaFall), but I think the choice to make things permanent was a completely conscious, intentional design decision that affects how the game is understood and interacted with.

P.S. I think it's ridiculous that this OP is spawning this discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
FULL THROTTLE
badge
"Unlike work, which needs some detachment and ought not to be taken too seriously, games need to be played with the utmost seriousness and dedication." - Bruno Faidutti
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
P.S. I think it's ridiculous that this OP is spawning this discussion.

I'm going to run out of facetious ways to call back to the Risk Legacy gnashing-of-teeth if this happens in every SeaFall thread. But I won't stop trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Sewer Pirats ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I feel that the concept revolves around the theme that real decisions are permanent. There is no reset button for life. This is perhaps getting a bit too philosophical for Risk (and now, SeaFall), but I think the choice to make things permanent was a completely conscious, intentional design decision that affects how the game is understood and interacted with.

While I agree with this, I do think the idea of a game with a 'resettable' (Or possibly merely 'cyclic') campaign, different each series of plays but where no changes will be absolutely permanent, is a valid concept... But it's a fundamentally different concept from the core concept of the Legacy mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's likely to be hideouts and forts.
But who knows.

I like your different ship models and treasure box idea. I keep all my Legacy torn up bits under the insert - a "tomb", so to speak, would be hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.