William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably just a case of me thinking too hard about it, but the rules state:

If you are instructed to consume a Supply Point and have none at that time, then you must apply one Hit to any one unit of your choice that is
still fighting on the map (i.e., not removed from play or in the Hospital
area); this includes Refugees units.

Does this mean one hit for any amount of supplies you're short? Or one hit per supply point that you're short?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
This is probably just a case of me thinking too hard about it, but the rules state:

If you are instructed to consume a Supply Point and have none at that time, then you must apply one Hit to any one unit of your choice that is
still fighting on the map (i.e., not removed from play or in the Hospital
area); this includes Refugees units.

Does this mean one hit for any amount of supplies you're short? Or one hit per supply point that you're short?

Personally I'd be inclined to say one hit per supply point, but when does this occur? I remember some cases that instructs you to lose more than one supply, but if I remember correctly they also state that you only lose supplies if you have them, but I could very well be misremembering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled an event last night that had a Consume Supplies rating of 7. I only had 5 left after building barricades and using a ranged attack. I would guess it happens quite a bit.

edit: D'OH! Huge mistake on my part! I thought that was "consume 7 supplies" when the rule is actually to count up your full strength civilians and apply it to that number. Never mind. User error. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
I pulled an event last night that had a Consume Supplies rating of 7. I only had 5 left after building barricades and using a ranged attack. I would guess it happens quite a bit.

edit: D'OH! Huge mistake on my part! I thought that was "consume 7 supplies" when the rule is actually to count up your full strength civilians and apply it to that number. Never mind. User error. blush

That was one damn tough variant of the game that you invented there. I think supply shortages would kill you faster than the Zeds .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
It's just one Hit total if you're short - not one Hit per Supply Point short.
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm the moron here as I failed to read one very essential rule immediately above the penalty section.

That'll learn me to play the tutorial game a couple of times...then get distracted for a few months and return to play the full game full of hubris.

The lesson is, of course, that I should be playing it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"The lesson is, of course, that I should be playing it more."

If you were one of my game design students, that would be an Extra Credit answer, my friend!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.