6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Thoughts on 100pt build? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just looking for some thoughts on the following build?

Enterprise-D (28pts)
Terrell (1pt)

Valdore (30pts)
Donatra (4pts)

Kraxxon (26pts)
Picard (6+1pts)
Counter attack (3+1pts)

Terrell and Donatra pump out their +1 attack/defence dice, meaning each ship gets 5 Attack dice/round & a little extra defence

Kraxxon can use counter attack & battlestations each round ensuring a good amount of hits and 2 attacks when it takes damage through its forward arc, meaning a potential 20 attack dice/round.

With this build, DS9 is a secondary objective. The main focus being to overwhelm my opponents fleet with raw damage and ships that are in themselves quite tanky, buffed by terrell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a good build. I went with something similar as far as captains go but used a pair of Miranda's along with the Ent-D. If there is a way to shoehorn it into your build you may consider swapping Spock in with Picard because then you can use Picard's Scan as an offensive Battlestations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I don't think there is anyway to get spock into the build without taking a big hit to a hull, he'd cost 6pts to put on the kraxxon and that would be downgrading the enterprise-d to the enterprise.

I could maybe swap the enterprise-D to a standard galaxy which would give me 2 pts to put a breen aide onto the kraxxon.

i.e. picard battlestations =
5 attack dice, 2.5 hits, 1.25 battleatations and 1.25 misses =~3.75 hits on 1st attack of round and 2.5hits on a counter attack. (or 6.25 hits per round)

picard with aide & scan =
5 attack dice, 2.5 hits, 1.25 battlestations (misses) and 1.25 misses (1 hit) = 3.5 hits and 3.5 hits on a counter attack (breen aide has his bonus to both attacks?) = 7 hits per round, and 2 less defense dice from opponents pool.

Opponent rolls 1 less defensive dice but the galaxy has no 360 weapon and loses 1 shield.

hmm, thats actually quite appealing - the fact a non-cloaked opponent is likely to take full damage from my attacks and over 2 attacks i'll do more damage with the kraxxon makes me think it could be worth the swap to a standard Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not worth dropping the Enterprise-D to a Galaxy class for the 2 points. The D is so much better. Find a way to cut costs somewhere else before even considering that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
not worth dropping the Enterprise-D to a Galaxy class for the 2 points. The D is so much better. Find a way to cut costs somewhere else before even considering that route.

Agreed. There are a few ships where you can drop to the generic version and not notice too much of a difference (Valdore, I'm looking at you...); Dropping to the Galaxy-Class, though, is not one of them. On a ship with maneuverability as low as the G-class has, the 360 firing arc is always worth more than 2 points of upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I am going to try this out:

Enterprise D (28)
Picard (6)
-Counter attack (3+1)
Data (3)
Worf(3)
Konmel (4+1)
Photon Torpedoes (5)

54 points of total overkill.

Valdore (30)
Dontra (4)
All Forward Disruptors (4)
Advanced Weapon Systems (5+1)

44 points of highly evasive cloaked attack goodness.

98 points total. May add another crew to the Valdore to round that out.

Probably not great going with just 2 ships but what the heck. I do not have any smaller 20 point ships so I just went for broke.

Generally the enterprise will get shot at...a lot (counter attack I am looking at you!). Data can plop down a couple of evade tokens, Konmel can repair a shield to hopefully increase survival. Worf nets you an attack reroll (I suck at dice). The photon torpedoes are probably superfluous but with no cheap 3rd shop may as well. May opt for the mines instead. Have to see how it plays out.

Dontra gives the enterprise 1 more attack die.
Green maneuver +1 attack, all forward disruptors +1 attack (6 dice total) and AWS allows an attack from cloak and remain cloaked for a better sustained +4 defense dice. Granted you can't do this every turn but hopefully some crafty maneuvering and tactical shooting can make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.