Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the expansion rules when running a two-lane race:

A driver can, at the beginning OR at the end of his turn, change lanes, provided there's an empty space or gap there.

This is something that happens ONCE per turn. I like this. However, let's discuss some possible add-ons to this:

The Trinity Benefit
A driver with the trinity cards may change lanes TWICE per turn, at the beginning AND/OR at the end of his turn.

While I'm not too fond of giving extra power to someone who already has it (the trinity cards give great benefits by themselves), this is something I could live with. Thoughts?

The Burned Action
A driver may discard a card from his hand, "burning" one of his actions, to change lanes.

Tried this before and it worked, but I don't know if I really like this. Is a card a good trade-off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the lane change (horizontal). We added a 'slingshot pass' to the mix. You change lanes diagonally forward. You don't play an action card, but it can count as action ro be a free action. This gives a driver the ability to change lanes DURING their turn not at the beginning or end and opens the field up for a lot of back and forth movement between lanes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read about the "Slingshot Pass" before. A player was supposed to use a Draft card (IIRC, it was called "Slingshot Draft") to use it, right?

By the way, the "Slingshot Pass" can be used only on gaps or also to take the lead (there's no gap in front of the first car of a lane)?

The way I see it (never tried, so I'm just thinking about it), the "Slingshot Pass" is better than a simple "Pull Away": no card is needed, just a single gap on the other lane. Maybe "burning" a card would compensate that?

Considering this, Mike, what's your current call on changing lanes? Free change at the beginning (and) or ending? Free changing at will? Discard cards to change lanes? A Driver with the Trinity has additional advantages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.