flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello virtual flea marketeers!

The 2013 Virtual Flea Market is live.

The list:

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con 2013

The request list:

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con 2013 - REQUEST LIST

All the relevant info is in the main Geeklist. Please post if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are already
1700+ games !!!
listed for sale or trade, with delivery at the con.

Some are in shrink, most are bargain-priced,
but all are NO SHIPPING. A great deal and benefit of BGG.con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you feel about re-listing? I have a number of items that went up earlier in the VFM that I'd like to re-post so that new eyes would see them. I was thinking that you wouldn't want that, but I see it happening so if it's cool... I want in too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do whatever you think is appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Trump wrote:
How do you feel about re-listing? I have a number of items that went up earlier in the VFM that I'd like to re-post so that new eyes would see them. I was thinking that you wouldn't want that, but I see it happening so if it's cool... I want in too!

If I was interested in your items the first time, but maybe I was waiting for the price to drop, I assure you I subscribed to your original entry. Edit the entry (such as, say, to lower the price) and I'll get a notification as such, calling out the specific entry as modified on top of my general BGG Con forum subscription.

Other people might follow the big bold link the geeklist header, which shows all the available games in alphabetical order. Having yours listed early doesn't hurt there, at all, unless you find that other people have the same games listed for a lower price. (In which case you should, again, edit your listings to lower the prices.)

Relisting the same items:
A) mucks up the alphabetical list with duplicates, unless you go back and delete your old ones.
B) makes people still going through the tail looking for new items angry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Digren wrote:
Trump wrote:

If I was interested in your items the first time, but maybe I was waiting for the price to drop, I assure you I subscribed to your original entry. Edit the entry (such as, say, to lower the price) and I'll get a notification as such, calling out the specific entry as modified on top of my general BGG Con forum subscription.

Other people might follow the big bold link the geeklist header, which shows all the available games in alphabetical order. Having yours listed early doesn't hurt there, at all, unless you find that other people have the same games listed for a lower price. (In which case you should, again, edit your listings to lower the prices.)

A) mucks up the alphabetical list with duplicates, unless you go back and delete your old ones.

+1. I passed on the items the first time. No need to see them again. They'll show up perfectly well in the list of unsold game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Digren wrote:
Trump wrote:

I just go back on check on games in which I was interested. All the deleted entries are annoying because the games I am watching have moved to earlier pages. So I am bookmarking them now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Digren wrote:

I also subscribed to any entries I had a passing interest in so I'd know if there was a price drop. But I don't know if we're the majority. I personally know far too many BGG users who really have no clue how to use most of the functions on here. They would never even think of a subscription.

If I do re-list, you can be sure that my previous entries will be tagged as SOLD so that they won't be mucking up any lists. I may not even bother though. I plan to be running a table at the regular flea market so I can probably just blow it off and sell the remaining stuff there if I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also against relisting entries. I subscribe to games I'm interested and look for edits later. Sometimes I'm looking for specific games to show up...

whistle The Great Zimbabwe whistle

...and don't want to spend all my fun money in case it comes up. If it doesn't, I may go back to the subscribed games for another look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Just my 2 cents...

I learned last year that bookmarks are temporary when folks start deleting items. I've used the Quickbar at the top of the page to "bookmark" the individual geeklist items I'm interested in. It's worked out great for me this year. This gives me a quicklink to any item no matter which page it's on. Plus you can give the Quickbar bookmark whatever title you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Camp
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides... The Geeklist for the Flea Market has a link at the top that directs you to a list of all available items still on sale. That alone should stave off any issues of "my bookmark disappeared". Just bookmark that list in your browser's favorites and you'll be good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That works up until they someone put the word SOLD in the description like

"I would like to see this one sold"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Camp
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh... Let the seller beware of their own actions then.

Besides there is an option to view the sold items too once you navigate to that link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.