Sets I currently own:

►2xCore
►What Lies Ahead
►Cyber Exodus
►A Study In Static

Here's my runner deck:

Gabe Denial

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (21)
Diesel (Core) x3 ●● ●● ●●
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Easy Mark (Core) x3
Forged Activation Orders (Core) x3
Inside Job (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3

Hardware: (5)
Cortez Chip (What Lies Ahead) x3
Desperado (Core) x2

Program: (11)
Corroder (Core) x1 ●●
Yog.0 (Core) x1 ●
Datasucker (Core) x2 ● ●
Crescentus (A Study in Static) x2
Femme Fatale (Core) x1
Ninja (Core) x1
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x3

Resource: (8)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x2 ●● ●●
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Bank Job (Core) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 5
Criminal: 68
Shaper: 10

And my corp deck:

NBNFA

Identity:
NBN: Making News (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Breaking News (Core) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x3
Restructured Datapool (What Lies Ahead) x2

Asset: (8)
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x3

ICE: (20)
Rototurret (Core) x1 ●
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x1
Enigma (Core) x3
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
TMI (What Lies Ahead) x3
Tollbooth (Core) x3
Uroboros (A Study in Static) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x3

Operation: (9)
Biotic Labor (Core) x3 ●●●● ●●●● ●●●●
Archived Memories (Core) x1 ●●
Closed Accounts (Core) x1
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
SEA Source (Core) x1

Upgrade: (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x2

Total Agenda Points: 20

Haas-Bioroid: 15
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 30
The Weyland Consortium: 0

I only play against my brother, who's currently sporting Chaos Theory R&d Lock (with Medium and Maker's Eye) and HBFA.

This is why I chose Crescentus over Emergency Shutdown, as it lets me click through his bioroids and then derez them. I also found Pawnshop to be a key card in my deck, as I can sell him many things: Artimtage Codebusing with 2 credits left; Bank Job if there are no remotes/no easy-access remotes; Bank Job after taking 7 credits from it rather than 8; Sneakdor when Archives is well defended; Ninja when Femme hits the table; Crescentus when I need the MU and it's not currently useable; and, if I'm really desperate for some cash, then Cortez Chip. What can I do to improve it though? Specifically against HBFA.

As for my corp deck, I find I have a lot of money to push traces even when my opponent has 3xRabbit Hole, and I can even sometimes fast advance a Restructured Datapool (by installing it in a SanSan server, playing Biotic Labor and using an AstroScript token or another Biotic Labor. I regard Archived Memories as kind of a third SanSan if one is trashed, and it's also useful for Biotic Labor. With my last point of influence I didn't really know what to do. Ice Wall? I have enough cheap barriers. So I chose Rototurret. But I'd really like you hear your thoughts on these decks.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hall

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Forgive my "buy more cards" advice but Future Proof makes NBN stupidly good with access to another 3/2 agenda.

For the runner, against HB-x, I would include e3. It is a non-MU Icebreaker for bioroids. Even if all you see is Ichi 1.0 and Eli, it is totally worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I still think I'd prefer emergency shutdown to crecentus, especially since you are probably having memory problems with data suckers in your deck, and Crypsis really makes early runs possible, I'd find a way to fit in at least 2.

Otherwise as stated e3 is a meta include against HB and since your only playing HB it's a great card to include. Were you going to go up against all kinds of corp decks you would want room for plascrete carapaces.

Aesop's looks like it does a lot for you but it is the one card in your deck that makes you have to remove tags currently. Being able to keep all your account siphon money and just take the tags, especially against HB, who isn't known to punish tags very well, would be a real bonus for you.

As for your corp deck, that looks like a lot of money importing the biotic labors. I think you might find better success with the card pool you have importing advanceable ICE and Trick of Light rather than relying on Biotic Labor. Your already spending a ton of money rezzing San San.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sets I have don't have E3 and Trick of Light... tnx for reading thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
The sets I have don't have E3 and Trick of Light... tnx for reading thumbsup

I was just thinking "Poor kroen doesn't even have all the cards? I'm feeling generous, maybe I'll offer to get him a couple data packs" but instead you get this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5iFe2NhBA

And in his defense, at this point I have literally no idea which cards came from which Genesis Cycle set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hall

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
And in his defense, at this point I have literally no idea which cards came from which Genesis Cycle set.

Same, which is why I said, "Forgive my 'Buy more cards' advice."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
..buy all the packs Kroen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will, eventually, but how is this helping me? If you can't help me with the cards I have then don't reply at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...play against different opponents besides your brother, Kroen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:

QFT.

I thought Janus 1.0 was a core set card the other day. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
...play against different opponents besides your brother, Kroen.

Again, how is this helping? All these posts are pure spam, as they don't relate at all to my request.

Why is it so hard to get help with the cards I have? I don't get it. Is it just a personal attack against me? And then you're wondering why I act the way I act... ever though it because you made me this way?

So please, either help me or don't comment at all. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that most replies have been snarky, but NBN kind of requires Futureproof.

If you're still adamant about playing NBN and not buying more sets, I'd suggest finding room for 2x or 3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (WLA #13), as it is one of the most useful cards in any Making News deck. Even late game, it can cost the runner an entire turn. But you'll have to give up one Biotic Labor to have the influence for more it.

I also think Restructured Datapool is not suited for FA, but the other choices being False Lead (giving you a lot of agenda's) and Priority Requisition (same cost/points, less useful with your current ICE) it's probably the best you can do for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think without Project Beale (and thus having to play a 5/3 agenda) you'd be better off switching from Fast Advance to Never Advance - replace Biotic Labor and Archived Memories and let's say Chimera with 3 Snares and 2 Edge of World, freeing up 4 influence for whatever you need (for example Ash).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Take out Diesels. Gabriel just needs to run and doesn't really need card draw.

Throw in x3 Maker's Eye instead.

Bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
I agree that most replies have been snarky, but NBN kind of requires Futureproof.

If you're still adamant about playing NBN and not buying more sets, I'd suggest finding room for 2x or 3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (WLA #13), as it is one of the most useful cards in any Making News deck. Even late game, it can cost the runner an entire turn. But you'll have to give up one Biotic Labor to have the influence for more it.

I also think Restructured Datapool is not suited for FA, but the other choices being False Lead (giving you a lot of agenda's) and Priority Requisition (same cost/points, less useful with your current ICE) it's probably the best you can do for now.

What will I accomplish with Ash? I don't install agendas unless I can score them in the same turn.
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Take out Diesels. Gabriel just needs to run and doesn't really need card draw.

Throw in x3 Maker's Eye instead.

Bye.

No one, not even Gabriel, can run rigless forever. Sooner or later in my games I'm needing to set up a partial rig and for that I need to draw, and click-to-draw is very slow and tempo-consuming. Also, how will I draw your suggested Maker's Eyes? with click-to-draw? well there goes my speed advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel can run rig-less early on and for a while. You should be slowly drawing cards while you're playing events and running.

You have special order which allows you to tutor your breakers so you have the ability to draw. You can draw Maker's Eye with clicks. Your speed advantage will be just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
Why would you want to improve a deck with the help of the community if you don't plan on playing it at a tournament ?

Anyway, as stated above, NBN is kind of weak compared to Weyland and HB before the last 2 data packs of the genesis cycle.

With your data packs you have access to project atlas, oversight AI, gouvernment contracts, false lead... So many buffs for Weyland tag'n'bag.
If you want to stick with NBN, I recommend you change either your cards or your agendas because you'll never achieve a PSF lock as it stands now.
And 3 tollbooth, 3 uroboros... Damn the overkill since your only way to rez them is to pay for them.
If you want to play rush with biotic labor, only use low econ ices with ETR.

As for your runner deck, play emergency shutdown instead of crescentus and add in another datasucker as there's really no reason not to. Cortez chip can certainly be replaced with something better like plascrete carapace and another desperado.

Anyway, do what you want. You're up to your little brother in the end. If you win every game, it's no fun at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, thought I saw that you had all packs up through Cyber Exodus.

Honestly can't help with specific card changes then, but I do have a corp deck I won a reginoal with that uses your exact packs. If you don't mind switching your corp completely. Which I would as NBN is vastly underpowered before Project Beale from Future Proof.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (11)
3x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core)
2x Posted Bounty (Core)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset: (3)
3x Melange Mining Corp (Core)

ICE: (19)
2x Data Raven (Core) ■■
2x Enigma (Core)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
3x Shadow (Core)
3x Ice Wall (Core)
3x Archer (Core)
3x Hadrian's Wall (Core)

Operation: (12)
1x SEA Source (Core) ■■
3x Scorched Earth (Core)
2x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core)
3x Hedge Fund (Core)

Upgrade: (4)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core) ■■■
2x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) ■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Haas-Bioroid: 2
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 12
The Weyland Consortium: 40

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
What will I accomplish with Ash? I don't install agendas unless I can score them in the same turn.

Protecting HQ & R&D better than with just ICE, because that's where you opponents are going to run when they figure out you play FA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.