Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Artillery fall off-board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan J.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, We played for the first time with Wrecks & Destruction set and we had to resolve a uncommon situation. I targeted a off-board artillery near the edge of the map. It drifted 3 hexes in a way to the edge so it resulted on the half hex. As these half hexes arent playable normally we decided to shortened the drift for only 2 hexes in the same way so now it fell into hex next to edge of the board. It could also happens that the artillery fire will drifted totally off-board. What to do then? Any opinions? Thank you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case you'd play it as if it landed off-board. Otherwise aiming near the edge of the board would increase your odds of an accurate shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan J.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if it fell off-board have we to still resulted it? So if it fell on half hex or one hex out, have we to put smoke counters to the few hexes that are on board? I mean which ones will be hit if the barrage is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan J.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deemao wrote:
And if it fell off-board have we to still resulted it? So if it fell on half hex or one hex out, have we to put smoke counters to the few hexes that are on board? I mean which ones will be hit if the barrage is done.

Yes, you would still put the smoke counters around it, onto the few hexes that are on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm confused by this discussion, as I can't find any mention of artillery drift, and as far as I can tell, artillery strikes simply hit the targetted hex, with no random drift.

(E.g. 13.1: "Smoke automatically hits the hex at which it is aimed. Off-board artillery smoke, which must be marked down when targeting a hex, affects the same target hexes like a normal attack.")

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are missing section 12.2 Artillery Resolution and Drift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
You are missing section 12.2 Artillery Resolution and Drift

Ah, thanks.

As you know from another thread, I was using the rule PDF which I downloaded 4 weeks ago.

It (and also my printed rulebook (copyright 2014) in my physical set) has:

12.2 Mortar and Artillery Air Bursts

and has literally nothing about "drift" in the entire document. :/

I see that the recently uploaded new rule pdf indeed has:

12.2 Artillery Resolution and Drift

and the old PDF's 12.2 became:

12.4 Mortar and Artillery Air Bursts

in the new PDF.

And I see the new rule PDF no longer says "Smoke automatically hits the hex at which it is aimed." like my physical rulebook and the PDF from March 1.

Does your (or other people's) physical rulebook from your game set have this 12.2 Drift section in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.