Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Navigator + Nein Numb combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lando
msg tools
So I was thinking of getting out of stress combos and was thinking of a nein numb + navigator combo when on the Falcon.

Think about Han doing a K-Turn, running into someone, and then getting a Straight 4 red maneuver.

Nein numb would change that to a green and navigator could then change it to 1-4 at his choosing, negating the collision all together and letting him take an action, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
K turns are not the same bearing as a straight forward, so you can't do this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravncat wrote:
K turns are not the same bearing as a straight forward, so you can't do this

True, but check the section in the rules on overlap, which essentially say that if you cannot complete the K-turn maneuver, then you execute a straight maneuver instead. (Paraphrasing from memory, perhaps someone can quote the relevant rule section.) Of course this is to prevent you from getting to turn around when you overlap on a K-turn.

I think the thing that might prevent this combo is that Navigator is triggered on a "reveal" of a maneuver, but changing the K-turn to a straight in the case of the overlap it is not "revealing" a straight maneuver. Only a K-turn was "revealed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You kind of answered your own question, if you crash doing a k-turn an it turns into a red forward move you can't use navigator because the timing would not allow it since you did not reveal a straight maneuver. Combo won't work, but good idea on paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The wording for the aborted K-turn is to "treat it as a {Straight} maneuver with the same speed and color revealed on the dial." Pretty clearly not revealing a new maneuver, and well past the reveal since you're executing, so Navigator couldn't trigger.

Nien would still turn it green, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given this current conversation, i think it would be really cool to have some upgrade card or pilot ability that allowed you to "stop short" or "go past" in the event of a collision. Maybe what I'm looking for is already covered with Arvel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.