Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question - I just got my copy tonight and had not only extra cubes, but also some extra dice. For instance, the components list states 2 red dice for the British regulars, but I have 3 red dice.

I guess this is not as quick a question as it should have been, but how many dice should I have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have 3 red dice or do you have 2 red dice and one 6-side blank turn cube?

You should have the following dice:

Player Factions
2 Red
3 Yellow
2 Blue
3 White

Non-Player factions
3 2 Green
2 Purple
2 Orange

You should also have a die with 6 blank sides for each of the player factions. These are used to randomly determine turn order.

Edit: there are actually 2 green dice in 1775. I was thinking of 1812.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the subject is "components", let me chime in with a different note. The GREEN Indian cubes and the BLUE Continental Army dice are IMPOSSIBLE for me to differentiate! I'm blue-green colorblind, but it doesn't bother me if the two colors are differing shades (Dark blue & Light green; or light blue & dark green). I don't know why publishers insist on doing this. Terra Mystica didn't bother me in the least since the witches green is a light color and the Mermaids are a dark blue.

So, for the Indians, I have substituted Camouflage Meeples! Now I have no problem. Someone (MeepleSource, Mayday, etc.) please make a substitute green - army green, camouflage, lime green, whatever - cube set! I'd buy them for practically all of my games tht use blue and green cubes of the same shade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duh! I should have guessed that from 1812, but I was in a hurry to get out the door and just made a quick count. Thanks for setting me straight!

Also, I'm NOT blue-green color blind and those cubes are VERY hard to tell apart. I'll have to try it in practice, but I may have to sharpie a dot on each face of the green cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked and am missing 1 green die. I met Uwe at GrandCon in Michigan last weekend and should have hit him up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

Non-Player factions
3 Green

There are only 2 green dice in 1775.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The component manifest is listed on page 1 of the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Yank
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I am missing one Green die as well. Can the game be played with only one Native American die? I have emailed Academy games with the same question and requested another die. Anybody else have one of the green one's missing?

UPDATE: 10/7/13

Just received an email from Academy Games and they are shipping me out another die for the game. I emailed them on Sunday and they had a response first thing this morning. Great customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had extra cubes too so I just chalked that up to a possible later need for an expansion or new scenario.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.