Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've got a pretty smart 5 year old that loves HABA games. This game looks good, actually it looks great. I could see us playing this. How much in game text is there? Could we just use the icons to resolve stuff. Could this game be dumbed down a little to make it pattern recognition and worker placement without a lot of text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The long text is the sign that the game is Ameritrash pretending to be Eurotrash. Seriously though, from what I've seen the individual player boards are the text heavy parts, while the cards are not. You could probably get away with teaching him to read a few words that aren't normal at age five and just explain the huge blocks on the player boards to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she's a smart cookie, we just played Revolution and even though she couldn't read she remembered what the names of the squares were and played correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game shouldn't be a problem then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.