Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG has just announced, via Facebook, that Thunderstone Advance: Numenera should be available for wide release on October 21! I'm very much looking forward to this release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerstan
Australia
Sandy Bay
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if that includes Kickstarter Backers of Numenera as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alleluia!

Some news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:

Did you pledge for a copy on Kickstarter? I figured backers got theirs already since it was available for sale at Gencon. But maybe not.

Still would like to know if there is a difference between the Kickstarter version and the retail version as was originally mentioned on the Kickstarter page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of you have experience with AEG in terms of release dates? In other words, when they SAY Oct. 21 for example, is that generally reliable? Or could this end up being a good bit later (into Nov/Dec)?

Just asking because I was going to pre-order on CSI, but don't want my other items hung up.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnson
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Do any of you have experience with AEG in terms of release dates? In other words, when they SAY Oct. 21 for example, is that generally reliable? Or could this end up being a good bit later (into Nov/Dec)?

Just asking because I was going to pre-order on CSI, but don't want my other items hung up.

Thanks!

I don't, but considering they had limited quantities of this available at Gencon already, I think we can count on this estimate being fairly reliable.

I hope it's good too though, I've had an order waiting for this for a very long time now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian! I guess I did see somewhere that they had some at GenCon. Forgot about that. So you are certainly right that it should be a timely release!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I did pledge a copy and have not gotten it yet.

I ALSO would love to know what the difference is between the KS edition and normal. I realize that it will not contain anything you cannot collect later, but was supposed to collect special fun and unique things all into one box.

Since there is nothing but silence as far as an answer, I will just wait and see right?

Pretty disappointed if they do a 180 on their statement though.

DoomTurtle wrote:
mikeloftus wrote:

Did you pledge for a copy on Kickstarter? I figured backers got theirs already since it was available for sale at Gencon. But maybe not.

Still would like to know if there is a difference between the Kickstarter version and the retail version as was originally mentioned on the Kickstarter page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:
Yes, I did pledge a copy and have not gotten it yet.

I ALSO would love to know what the difference is between the KS edition and normal. I realize that it will not contain anything you cannot collect later, but was supposed to collect special fun and unique things all into one box.

Since there is nothing but silence as far as an answer, I will just wait and see right?

Pretty disappointed if they do a 180 on their statement though.

Be sure to let us know if there is anything different (special box, more cards, etc.) once you get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I saw this in stores on Friday the 11th of October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise Whoa! Sweet!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How I wish Australians can get this near release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if Cool Stuff got this early, it's the only thing my order is waiting on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked CSI and it's listed as out of stock. yuk Guess I should have pre-ordered earlier. I'm sure they'll have more soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Just checked CSI and it's listed as out of stock. yuk Guess I should have pre-ordered earlier. I'm sure they'll have more soon...

They never got any in yet. Their expected shipment will be there on Oct. 21. I was just saying that if other places got this early, as the sighting on the 11th shows, then hopefully CSI will also get this earlier than they projected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:

Out of stock before street release means "not yet in stock" (at least at CSI).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH. Thanks for clarifying! They have had it listed as a pre-order until today when it listed as out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote CSI to clarify. They said they sold through the number of games they had available for pre-order based on the number they had coming. They told me to mark it on my wish list to notify me when it is back in stock. So I'll have to wait a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping notice from AEG, should have my "Special Edition" Friday. I will compare it to the pictures already uploaded for differences and then let everyone know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool! I didn't know there WAS a special edition. Anything different besides box art?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsowner wrote:
That's cool! I didn't know there WAS a special edition. Anything different besides box art?

That's the big question he will hopefully be able to answer when he gets it.

When it was originally announced on the Kickstarter, there was talks about extra card sets (which the general public would be able to get separately for extra cost) or perhaps a shiny foil box. After the Kickstarter ended, there hasn't been any word on what makes the KS version special.

With the available card list, I am guessing that the proposed extra cards will be in all sets. Simply because it has more card sets than Towers of Ruin, which amounts to two extra heroes, two extra village cards, and one extra monster set. That's not too weird, maybe they just had more planned for this set. But what I think is strange is that every single Advance set (standalones and expansions) have had an equal number of monster levels. ToR had 3 level ones, 3 level twos, and 3 level threes. The expansions had 2 of each level, the Starter Set had 1 of each. This set has 3 of each level, plus one more extra set (not sure what level it is). It seems like they were planning on having an extra set of cards which would have this extra monster set, and perhaps one or two each of the hero and village sets, that were going to be for the Kickstart supporters, that the rest of us would have to get separately, but then they decided to just throw them in every version.

That's all speculation, but my guess is that the KS supporters will have a different box. But if they don't even get that, than they were kind of screwed, because they were told it would be different. And they're not really getting it any earlier, since some people were able to buy it at Gencon, and it will be available next week at OLGSs for cheaper than the KS price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeh! Have my copy!!! arrrh

Awesome stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axelfudge wrote:

Awesome stuff!

Do you have a retail version or were you a KS backer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Axelfudge wrote:

Awesome stuff!

Do you have a retail version or were you a KS backer?

I would assume this is a retail version as I bought it at my FLGS.

I can't see anything that would indicate that my retailer got KS copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.