Subject: Will there be new Dominion expansion in 2013 to 2014?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Berserker617 Lockedog3000
United States
honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
I love the game. I have all the expansion from the last 1 guilds. I don't want it to end yet. Me and my friends play this every week. I just love the game how it mix up of all the kingdom. It was awesome that even my girlfriend love to play it too. I would like to know if there will more coming out in the future. Please and thanks you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None are scheduled at any time in the future as of this date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything planned to be released has been released. Donald has said in the past that one more expansion is possible at some point, if demand exists, but it would most likely not come out until 2014 at the earliest, most likely late 2014. Spinoffs using the ideas of Dominion in a new way are far more likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Everything planned to be released has been released. Donald has said in the past that one more expansion is possible at some point, if demand exists, but it would most likely not come out until 2014 at the earliest, most likely late 2014. Spinoffs using the ideas of Dominion in a new way are far more likely.

That's pretty specific. Where did you get this information? Specifically the "one more" expansion and 2014 as a date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Lockedog3000 wrote:
I would like to know if there will more coming out in the future.

There are no planned expansions currently; I would like to make spin-offs instead (related standalone games). There are new Japanese rethemes still being made, but they don't include new cards, just existing ones in different combinations with different themes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
LastFootnote wrote:
I Eat Tables wrote:

That's pretty specific. Where did you get this information? Specifically the "one more" expansion and 2014 as a date?

I've said that I might get talked into doing another expansion at some point. I haven't said "but not possibly two more" or given a date.

So far I have not been talked into anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Lockedog3000 wrote:

There are no planned expansions currently; I would like to make spin-offs instead (related standalone games). There are new Japanese rethemes still being made, but they don't include new cards, just existing ones in different combinations with different themes.

If you have the info to share at this point, would it be like how games like Carcassonne and Settlers Of Catan had expansions that expanded their respective base games, but "spun off" later on? For example, Carc. has The Castle, or Hunters & Gatherers. SoC has Settlers Of America, or Histories Of Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
donaldx wrote:
Lockedog3000 wrote:

If you have the info to share at this point, would it be like how games like Carcassonne and Settlers Of Catan had expansions that expanded their respective base games, but "spun off" later on? For example, Carc. has The Castle, or Hunters & Gatherers. SoC has Settlers Of America, or Histories Of Catan.

Trains...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
ackmondual wrote:

I think Donald mentioned earlier that his own Kingdom Builders is an example. Of course, he will only publish another game if it is different enough from what's been done, so I don't think there's much hope in our predicting how it will play.

One thing I would be interested to know, though, is whether Donald plans to make a spin-off as complex as Dominion is. Without the variety afforded by 8 expansions, any spin-off will need some really clever design to be able to match Dominion in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
ackmondual wrote:

The initial idea was to make games that started with all of Dominion but added something and changed something, so as to be pretty recognizable but different enough to be interesting. At this point so many people have made games like that that I am leaning more towards something more different.

majormajor wrote:
One thing I would be interested to know, though, is whether Donald plans to make a spin-off as complex as Dominion is. Without the variety afforded by 8 expansions, any spin-off will need some really clever design to be able to match Dominion in that regard.

Well I think I could do Dominion better now, that just changing the card mix could noticeably increase the longevity of the main set, without adding complexity. A spin-off wouldn't have 205 unique cards, and it would be aiming at being playable by Dominion fans, which includes normal people. It could still end up with a satisfying amount of variety though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Eckman
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I love Dominion with all the expansions. If you are looking for one final expansion, that would bring the base game with expansions to an even ten. Nine doesn't seem complete yet. Hint, Hint, Hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
The initial idea was to make games that started with all of Dominion but added something and changed something, so as to be pretty recognizable but different enough to be interesting. At this point so many people have made games like that that I am leaning more towards something more different.

I request a simultaneous action game that plays well with six people and takes 30-45 minutes. That is a niche that only a few games fit so far.

It kinda sounds like I want you to remake 7 wonders, presumably with heroes or Japanese maids on the cards, but that's not the case. I would just like more games that have simultaneous action (and not simultaneous maid action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Stunna wrote:
I request a simultaneous action game that plays well with six people and takes 30-45 minutes. That is a niche that only a few games fit so far.

It kinda sounds like I want you to remake 7 wonders, presumably with heroes or Japanese maids on the cards, but that's not the case. I would just like more games that have simultaneous action (and not simultaneous maid action).

Have you tried Nefarious, Infiltration, or Gauntlet of Fools? Out of my 6 published games, half fit the bill.

I have several games where you alternate drafting and playing cards, that really wanted to be published ahead of 7 Wonders. Probably one of them will get published eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I love Gauntlet of Fools, we don't usually play simultaneously. I guess we could if we each had a separate dice-rolling area, but when we just roll on the table it's not practical. So we play in sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now I'm planning to go out and buy dice cups for Gauntlet of Fools.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
OK, now I'm planning to go out and buy dice cups for Gauntlet of Fools.

And it only took 58 minutes to come to terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
donaldx wrote:
I have several games where you alternate drafting and playing cards, that really wanted to be published ahead of 7 Wonders. Probably one of them will get published eventually.

Why should the release and success of 7 Wonders deter you? Think of how many clones (not that yours will be) were published after Dominion, despite being downgrades of the original!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
majormajor wrote:
Why should the release and success of 7 Wonders deter you? Think of how many clones (not that yours will be) were published after Dominion, despite being downgrades of the original!

7 Wonders hasn't deterred me from trying to get my existing drafting games published. It has made me less excited for them though, and has deterred me from working on new drafting games. I can work on something else instead, that's what it comes down to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Wow, I would like to say your awesome. You made the best game that came into my life. I have groups of old and new friends. That I teach them how to play this game. I even brought this game to comic shop to do demo of the game. Cause they never heard of it or never played any of the expansion. I have a group of 2 play this at my Apt of 9 people. I do hope you make more. Thanks for the reply. Dominion Rocks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Lockedog3000 wrote:
Wow, I would like to say your awesome. You made the best game that came into my life. I have groups of old and new friends. That I teach them how to play this game. I even brought this game to comic shop to do demo of the game. Cause they never heard of it or never played any of the expansion. I have a group of 2 play this at my Apt of 9 people. I do hope you make more. Thanks for the reply. Dominion Rocks!!

Thanks. I always think, "but what has he done lately?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
What do you mean by that. What did he lately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not resting on his laurels I suppose Dominion and Kingdom Builder are my two favorite games, so I anticipate whatever is next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Lockedog3000 wrote:
What do you mean by that. What did he lately?

The "he" is me. I was being self-deprecating. It's the one thing I'm good at. Wait, damn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
It's the one thing I'm good at.

You mean game designing?

Thank you so much for bringing us a game as wonderful as Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald, if you are pushed to create a few cards (mini-expansion or promos) for Dominion, I would really like a few more with potions. I think the main reason Alchemy is less liked is that there are so few with potions to justify the inclusion into selecting the 10 sets.
Adding a few more would make it so much more attractive.

My favorite games include Dominion and I am waiting for the Kingdom Builder Big Box (November or so) and Nefarious (whenever that comes out again).

Also looking forward to any new game you can come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.