Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Tournament prep looking for deck thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello folks,

I've been working on a couple decks for quite a while now and the most successful decks I've found to date are as listed below. I'm looking for general meta thoughts or alternative ideas I may be missing.

Corp -
Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (11)
Accelerated Beta Test (Core #55) x3
Director Haas' Pet Project (Creation and Control #4) x1
Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control #5) x3
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control #23) x1
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus #51) x3

Asset (9)
Adonis Campaign (Core #56) x3
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves #15) x3 ■
Melange Mining Corp (Core #108) x3

ICE (20)
Bastion (Creation and Control #26) x3
Enigma (Core #111) x2
Grim (Opening Moves #20) x3
Rototurret (Core #64) x3
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3
Ice Wall (Core #103) x3 ■
NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves #11) x3

Operation (6)
Biotic Labor (Core #59) x3
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3

Upgrade (3)
SanSan City Grid (Core #92) x3 ■■■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 27
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 12
The Weyland Consortium: 3

The premise of this deck is very straight forward. Lots of etr to force the runner to get breakers out. Once breakers are out Roto and Grim come online and provide huge scoring windows as the runner tries to find a replacement to whatever breaker they lost. MMC was put back in instead of Eve because it helps put more pressure on the runner to install an early breaker. This deck provides me a complete sense of security that no other deck has. No matter how rough the start is or how rigged the runner ends up I can still push to 7 points.

Runner -

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (13)
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x3
Escher (Creation and Control #31) x1
Infiltration (Core #49) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Scavenge (Creation and Control #34) x1
Modded (Core #35) x2

Hardware (11)
Clone Chip (Creation and Control #38) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof #107) x3
Desperado (Core #24) x3 ■■■

Program (12)
Atman (Creation and Control #40) x3
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control #46) x3
Datasucker (Core #8) x3 ■
Parasite (Core #12) x1 ■■
Femme Fatale (Core #26) x1 ■
Deus X (A Study in Static #66) x1

Resource (9)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control #53) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow #91) x3
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control #49) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 5
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 48

It's straight up kataman with the inclusion of 1 parasite which is unbelievably strong in this deck. I have tweaked assorted things many times trying out different ratios. The only cards that I'm on the fence about are the 2 modded and the 1 deus ex. I've tried 2 escher which was remarkably successful, down to 1 atm but strongly considering putting the second back in. Also Weyland is usually the only thing that remotely scares me and I've considered going up to 3 plascretes. Mostly the weyland issue is that I tend to have to run far less than I want to in fear of double SE in hand until I get a plascrete on the table. Depending how deep the plascretes are in the deck it can sometimes provide unfortunately large windows. That said I can count on one hand the number of games I've lost with this deck in the last 3 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of the meta and how your decks stack up against different archetypes, but instead I'm going to boil it down to this: I think the general consensus will be that you should take out some cards and add in some other ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are tough decks, as I have played them both... I feel qualified only to speak on the HB deck, as I have a similar HB deck that wins consistently against top competition. Our biggest difference is that I actually like Bioroid ICE .

I had the agenda split the same as you, but I made one tweak that seemed to help me quite a bit. I dropped 1 efficiency committee for 2 more Gila Hands, dropped down to 1 or 0 Mining corps and added campaigns instead. I know Efficiency combos super well with MMC, but it also combos well with Gila Hands.

Few things this did for me... Gave me more opportunities to score Gila early, thus not needing mellange as badly, or at all. In fact I will completely sell out to Gila as early as I can, even if it'a Biotic, or SanSan I know will get trashed next turn. I will have steady econ all game, and don't have to use entire turns (can still use EtF's ability), and just as importantly, gives me more assets for runners to chase that will actually cost them and drain them when they run. Lastly, it is also obviously a 1 point agenda. Don't have to protect them as much, and they are so nice with so many 2 pointers. I am comfortable putting it out on the table turn 1 with an Eve or something against Andromeda. Not a big deal if I lose it, but a very big deal if I score it turn one.

My 2 cents... other than that I would just say be careful who you listen to, as I think you will be better than the vast majority of players posting on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hall

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think that 3 SanSan City Grids are necessary. Cutting one opens up 3 more influence, for Chum or popup, without actually losing FA ability because Jackson lets you reuse san san.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oji4life wrote:
I don't think that 3 SanSan City Grids are necessary. Cutting one opens up 3 more influence, for Chum or popup, without actually losing FA ability because Jackson lets you reuse san san.

I think cutting a SanSan is the biggest possible mistake you could make in changing a card in the deck.

This deck is all about its SanSans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oji4life wrote:

Agree 99% with this. I do great with 2 sansan, I just use the infkuence for different ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Roybal
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Agree completely, I only ever played the third sansan because I had 3 influence remaining to burn after completing deckbuilding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hall

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
asroybal wrote:
Agree completely, I only ever played the third sansan because I had 3 influence remaining to burn after completing deckbuilding.

Or I'm playing NBN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oji4life wrote:

Agreed. Chum.

Also, maybe 1 Levy AR. MAY-be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Oji4life wrote:

I think cutting a SanSan is the biggest possible mistake you could make in changing a card in the deck.

Really? I bet dropping a 3/2 agenda for a executive retreat would be bigger.

My deck is very similar to this, and I can promise that it's just fine. Personally I'm using tollbooths with my extra influence, and I'm tring to figure out how to get Jackson Howard in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Oji4life wrote:

I think more accurately the deck is all about fast advance. Biotic Labor is still very effective for fast advance, independent of SanSan. Early game I will generally need money to rez ice, and with a good opening draw, I should be able to score 1 or 2 agendas "normal advance". Fast advance is more critical generally later in the game when runners can break servers. By this time I have drawn into a SanSan, or have a jackson or 2 to hep me find it. I '3 of' cards that I generally need to have early. I don't think SanSan is necessary early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would never cut the third sansan for the same reason I run 3 MMC if I use it in a deck. Yes I don't need 2 sansan but Im going to assume one is buried deep in the deck and one is going to get trashed.

I need 1, but more importantly I need 1 at the right time so I'd rather draw too many that not enough.

The idea of cutting 1 efficiency commitee and 1 other card to make room for 2 Gilas is definitely an interesting idea I hadn't considered and will probably playtest tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rares Dragnea
msg tools
Drop the Grim for 3 Green Level Clearance or Archived Memories. Maybe switch 2 Melange to Eve Campaign or Cyberdex. You could also drop Grim for Eli or Ichi or Viper.

The runner deck is pretty standard, you could modify it by using The Maker's Eye or Indexing or Test Run instead of Scavenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
You need corporate troubleshooter to make grim fire more than once. They're in faction for you. Add as many as you have core sets available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So a previous version of this deck I was running was.

-1 infiltrate
-1 deus x
+1 modded
+1 escher

I put the deus x in for tutor purposes but honestly I've only ever done that once. Someone please explain to me the primary intent of deus x tutor. You can deal with an oversight janus but that's basically never a thing that matters, the escher also makes it trivial to deal with, by having 2 in deck I always had 1 when needed and it allowed me to move annoying ice like that out of the way. Deus can be used to prevent a snare if you play it in anticipation or lets me safely run a jinteki server but I find infiltration handled that already. Am I missing something about this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deus X: HB and Jinteki protection. Infiltration doesn't protect you from R&D digs, and you can't recycle it.

What is your typical use-case for Jackson in the HB deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I like the Corp. I'd say you probably don't need that much Ice and could do with more economy. You have Biotic/SanSan in full complement and the impact of those is to devalue Ice because you're not actually needing to protect Agendas, but they require a bunch of cash to use. You've also got Jackson Howard powering through cards and Ice are among the hardest cards to actually get out of hand in that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
ICE (20)
Bastion (Creation and Control #26) x3
Enigma (Core #111) x2
Grim (Opening Moves #20) x3
Rototurret (Core #64) x3
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3
Ice Wall (Core #103) x3 ■
NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves #11) x3

Most of this stuff is fine; but I might lose a wall of static or bastion (or 1 of both) for a 2.0 where they require a breaker to beat all of the bad stuff... Heimdall maybe; But not if you don't think you'll ever have the money for that kind of play. I can definately see this deck you're playing needing money for SanSan & Biotic Labor, so draining 11 credits might just be a really bad idea.

I think you know your deck better than I do. And I'm one of those players whose in the middle to lower pack; so don't just take my advice.

These decks look solid to the point of not wanting to change anything. You want consistency with desperado, so 3 of just limits you from taking anything interesting like Lemuria code cracker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Wintermute
msg tools
I think this deck can afford to cut two pieces of ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.