Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I play most games over computer with vassal and Acts for my CDG. I prefer deeper wargames and RPG type . Am considering purchase of a hand-held for surfing and such but NEED to be able to play this type of game if out there. Any opinions or help with this decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but I dont think there is a vassal for ipad or android so I'd say your only choice would be one of the more expensive windows tablets (not RT ones) like the Surface Pro 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmb
While not vassal, there are some wargames on Android. One BGG user, David Kershaw has a whole page full of wargame apps in the Google store. see: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DK+Simulatio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231...

Solid price for a decent laptop.

Tablets are great but lack versatility.

I'm getting this one for my son for his 8th bday.

Shhhhh . ... don't tell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lula lulacks
Greece
flag msg tools

Buy and ipad and play

RPG
- Inffinity Blade 1-2-3
- baldurs Gate
- Knights Of the Old Republic
- Shadow Runner
- Xcom
- Bastion
- isabel
- Chaos Ring
- Ravensword
- Orc Vegance

WarGames

- battle Academy
- Battle for Bulge
- Autumm Dynasty
- Orion
- Crimson steam Pirates
- Ravenmark
- Legion of Dammed
- Breach and Clean (Android also)
- Ace Patrol
- Leviathan (Androi also)

Board Games

- Agricola
- Eclipse
- Small World
- Summoner Wars
- Pandemic (3 oct)
- Stone Age
- Caylus
- Ascension
- Titan
- Warhammer Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah just get a laptop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, lots of stuff out there for both Android and Ipad. The link to DK simulations looks like Christmas to me . Exactly the type of wargames I am thinking of. I understand now that a laptop would be needed to play something like vassal but are these enticing games seen here solo only or can you play other android/pad owners? I hope to decide this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Juno44 wrote:

Wow, lots of stuff out there for both Android and Ipad. The link to DK simulations looks like Christmas to me . Exactly the type of wargames I am thinking of. I understand now that a laptop would be needed to play something like vassal but are these enticing games seen here solo only or can you play other android/pad owners? I hope to decide this weekend.
Ideally you'll go to an Apple store and a Microsoft store (or a store that sells both) and you can try them both out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
wwwebb wrote:
While not vassal, there are some wargames on Android. One BGG user, David Kershaw has a whole page full of wargame apps in the Google store. see: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DK+Simulatio...

There are far more wargames for android than Ipad. See Touchsceen mobile device wargames.
Jon Nuutinen is an extremely prolific wargame designer,and is android only. Most of mine are android,but I've started going cross platform recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OK thanks all am leaning to Android unless I tip right over to laptop.I guess I should find out what coverage is in the 'remote' area I would be in at some points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Pedro
msg tools
mbmb
iOS thrashes Android when it comes to board games and wargames.

Android has a lot of wargames, but most of those are indie games with very low quality, they are not official games.

Meanwhile iOS has high quality wargames such as Battle of the Bulge (Drive on Moscow to be released by the same company before the end of 2013, Gettysburg in early 2014).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.