Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy of Trains for my best friend for Christmas and I want to get them sleeves for the cards. I read in other threads that the cards take 2.5 x 3.5 inch sleeves. Would someone tell me how many sleeves I need to buy? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are 530 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Nathan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:
Thanks, Nathan!

You're welcome sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/121408/trains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While you received the correct answer here, it was already listed for you in the more information section of the game's main page.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/121408/trains#moreinf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
When you buy that many sleeves is it really cost effective to sleeve a game like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
When you buy that many sleeves is it really cost effective to sleeve a game like this?

Well, it depends on how much it gets played. I sleeved my copy of Dominion and 4 expansions and have played it over 100 times. All the cards still look to be in good shape, with many more plays to come.

It was worth it to me for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:

I am using FFG premium sleeves. Total cost was ~$26 after a 13% sales tax. The game itself is ~$50 after tax.

It is definitely worth sleeving for this game. The thought of three other people shuffling their deck a dozen times each time we play, with a variety of shuffling styles and skill, is enough alone to convince me. Also, sleeves greatly improve the ability to give a quality shuffle. Finally, the game will likely have expansions. Having some cards, such as Normal Train, showing significant wear while newer or less used cards look damaged is unacceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not sleeve my cards originally but started to notice some wear after a few plays on the sides. The cards are very thick and not easily shuffled. I decided to sleeve the cards to prevent further damage and used Mayday sleeves which fit them perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.