Subject: Moving to depart from a Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this but, was interested so I was reading the rules.

As I made it through the FAQ I found Action of type A: Moving to depart from a Quest jarring.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/shadowsovercamelot/en/content/ru...

Quote:
Are all the White cards played thus far on a Quest removed when the last Knight present leaves that Quest?

No, all the White (not Black!) cards are removed from a Quest only if that Quest is a Solo quest, ie Lancelot or the Black Knight's Quest.

Was this some kind of revision? I have been looking through the rules and cannot find even the slightest hint of any rule that comes close to this. It seems like such a change that I was concerned that I might have missed other rules.

If I am reading this correctly, when you go do the Solo Quests you better be ready to finish them. You can't help a little and then have someone else finish up like you can do with the other quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Shaw
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

For example, if I travel to the Black Knight Quest, I should be ready to play two different pair of Fight cards to win. If, while there, a Black card causes me to lose one of the cards needed for the Quest, I would then have to rely on King Arthur or another Knight, or possibly a Special card in my own hand, to assist me so that I don't have to leave.

If it gets to the point that I can't stall my leaving, the White cards I put down are indeed removed when I leave.

Page 3 in the Book of Quests states:
"If, for any reason, a Knight on a Solo Quest chooses, or is forced, to abandon the Quest before its completion, any White card played on it thus far is automatically removed from the Quest as a penalty, and discarded. Any Black card played on the Solo Quest thus far remains in play."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Check page 3 of the Quests Book under 'Solo Quests'. Yep, a person should really be prepared to finish the quest on their own when they embark on a solo quest. On the other hand, a solo quest is a good goal for a traitor, because they can play some cards on it, then just fail to finish it, and return to Camelot, wasting several player turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TigA wrote:
Correct.

Are you saying this about his reading of the rules or about this being a revision? Because I've known this rule all along and I'm pretty sure I got this game right when it came out.

--ElSoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Shaw
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct to...
XShrike wrote:
If I am reading this correctly, when you go do the Solo Quests you better be ready to finish them. You can't help a little and then have someone else finish up like you can do with the other quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
On the other hand, a solo quest is a good goal for a traitor, because they can play some cards on it, then just fail to finish it, and return to Camelot, wasting several player turns.

Then everybody knows that you are the traitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but a lot of damage can be done that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.