Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: [Deck] NBN Bag N Tag - Needs that one last ice tweak after 12 plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Identity:
NBN: Making News (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Breaking News (Core) x2
Restructured Datapool (What Lies Ahead) x2
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3

Asset: (5)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x3

ICE: (20)
Data Raven (Core) x3
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
TMI (What Lies Ahead) x3
Uroboros (A Study in Static) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x3
Enigma (Core) x2

Operation: (9)
Anonymous Tip (Core) x3
Scorched Earth (Core) x3 ■■■■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (5)
Bernice Mai (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Red Herrings (Core) x3

The Enigmas are the sort-of place holder. I had been running Flares but never used them; it was simply a cost factor. Most runner builds are so fast they generally don't give you the luxury of spending 9. Then again, I'm still thinking that one Flare I draw could be a huge difference maker when it comes to securing a server.

I'm also intentionally trying to fill that slot with a code gate for variety, and both of the ice I'm considering also prevent some overlap when up against an Atman threat.

Keep the Enigmas? Swap back in the Flares? Perhaps something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ van der Molen
Malaysia
georgetown
penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a huge fan of only using 2 of each ice and maybe 3 of the really important ones you wish to see in the first two turns.

that way you can have potentially 8 different ice strengths which will help against atamans.

You could drop a TMI for a wall of static. A chimera for another wall of static.
One flare and one tolbooth are also good. but you would have to look what you think you can drop

maybe one uroboros and one data raven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you're looking for A) a code gate, and B) something bit for late game, I wonder why you're not playing with Tollbooth. It's both a code gate, and a really, really amazing piece of late game ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebolahond wrote:
I am a huge fan of only using 2 of each ice and maybe 3 of the really important ones you wish to see in the first two turns.

that way you can have potentially 8 different ice strengths which will help against atamans.

You could drop a TMI for a wall of static. A chimera for another wall of static.
One flare and one tolbooth are also good. but you would have to look what you think you can drop

maybe one uroboros and one data raven

I've run a ton of corp builds that had a slightly larger variety of ice, and this is my longest running build, and it too used to have 1-2 more types of ice; including wall of static and flare.

With this build I prefer the consistency of what I have, mainly because I can put the variety out, in the right combination, and force them to fight through what they can just to encounter something they cannot do anything about. Even if they bypass it all they often hit Bernice or Herrings and suffer for it.

I had Flares and never played one. As I already said, if I'm going to throw Flares or even Tollbooths in, I personally think the Enigmas need to come out. I think Toll Booth is not a great choice as I can scale up the Ice wall over time, and while I know there's the credit penalty on the front end, I prefer to stay leaner and avoid the potential Criminal Credit drain. The other factor is that a double Scorched takes as many credits as most big ice does, and that splits my focus.

This is exactly where I'm always drawing the fine line between consistency and variety that helps heighten unpredictability. I just fear that variety is inversely proportional to consistency for the corp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
anathomical wrote:
If you're looking for A) a code gate, and B) something bit for late game, I wonder why you're not playing with Tollbooth. It's both a code gate, and a really, really amazing piece of late game ice.

Because for a single credit more you get the Bad Ass Flare. TMI is also already a 5 strength ICE, but I hear ya, I do.

As I said in my OP I find myself stacking up more smaller pieces and letting TMI be the bigger brother. Often, if I'm guarding agendas I have Herrings to back both up as the credit sink.

I continue to be torn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, after looking at the build Astro just posted, I'm feeling pretty darned confident in my decision. I might still take some advice and drop in a one-off surprise or two in here (dropping a raven), but otherwise I think I'm set to try this build again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried a Midseasons tag and bag deck? It's a totally different build.

Basically you have to build up some decent economy, making sure you stay approx 10 credits higher than the runner, dangle something out there for them to steal then wallop! 8 tags in one go.

Usually they don't bother clearing tags after that so it becomes a race to build back your economy to trash their key resources and Jackson for the Scorched Earths whilst they go all in and hammer your R&D. You can Psycho any 3/2 agendas you pick up along the way.

The biggest advantage to a Midseasons deck is that you don't have to worry about tag ice or trying to catch the runner on a Raven, which is hard because they will always cautiously clear the tags and draw up to 5 cards. In fact the total absence of tag ice may give the Runner a false sense of security that you are running a fast advance deck instead. Just as long as he doesn't see a Scorched in an R&D or HQ dig.

Just thought I'd mention it because it is really fun and satisfying when it comes together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.