SCOTT WADYKO
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a 1e set I never played. It's not even punched. Should I just get rid off it or keep both? Really want to play this new one.
Scotty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate the idea of 2nd edition, so no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stokes
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COMBATWOMBAT wrote:
So I have a 1e set I never played. It's not even punched. Should I just get rid off it or keep both? Really want to play this new one.
Scotty

Get the 2nd edition and the Conversion Kit. It allows you to use all the monsters and heroes from the first edition in the 2nd edition's quests.

Of course, if you want some money and don't think you need the extra variety, the first edition is selling for rather a lot of money on ebay these days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First edition and Second edition are completely different games, they are barely connected.
Find someone else's copy and play the first and second editions, then decide which you prefer and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SCOTT WADYKO
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 1e with a friends copy. I liked it but the premise of a shorter game is good too. Thanks for the info so far.
Scotty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do decide to get 2nd Edition, don't get rid of your 1st Edition stuff. You'll want it to use with the Conversion Kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Keep both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you can probably still sell your 1E stuff without the miniatures. That's what I did recently, I kept what I needed for the CK, sold the box, cards and cardboard for 30€ and the left over minis for something between 1 and 2€ each.

Then again, I was very lucky to get a barely used copy of 1E for 30€ in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I own them both and played 2 games of 1st edition. And about 8 of the new edition. The new edition scratches the dungeon crawl itch better for me. But it's more of a tactical skirmish than an explore game. Which I am perfectly fine with.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Monkey
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say to have both, as they play like different games and you can use the 1st edition parts for the 2nd edition (with the conversion kit). I find that getting the 2nd edition to the table is significantly easier as it's been streamlined a lot more and the quests are significantly easier to cut into bite-sized portions. The 1st edition might be nice for when you have the time (and a group willing to be there for the entire thing) on a weekend for a more exploratory romp through a dungeon. After a while, if you notice that you have a strong preference for one or the other then you can get rid of the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SCOTT WADYKO
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all the input. im going with both and the conversion kit.
Scotty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have really small room. Keeping all those boxes around is hellish Fortunately I don't have that problem and I keep both, so I can only wholeheartedly agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SCOTT WADYKO
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up 2 edition today for $40 today at flgs. I also picked up the conversion set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COMBATWOMBAT wrote:
Picked up 2 edition today for $40 today at flgs. I also picked up the conversion set.

Best you could do!
Conversion kit really improves 2nd edition.

I love both 1st and 2nd edition, btw, completely different games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falenheld wrote:
COMBATWOMBAT wrote:

Best you could do!
Conversion kit really improves 2nd edition.

I love both 1st and 2nd edition, btw, completely different games

Yep. FFG shouldn't have stopped producing 1E. 1E and 2E really serve two different audiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.