Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused about the bonus for the Building stage. The rules state that the bonus is: "The player adds +1 to the number of cards played". I am sure I am being dense, but I just cannot figure out what this means. Can someone explain this to me, hopefully using an example? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play 1 build card and you aren't the high bidder you can build a level 1 building. If you play 2 build cards and you aren't the high bidder you can build a level 2 building....continuing...

If you are the leader with most cards bid you can build a level higher. High bid is 3 build cards- that player can build a level 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd and Tony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let's bump the old question!)
When playing build cards:
Quote:
Each player may choose a building
with a value equal to or lower than
the number of cards played.
He then puts the building on
a free space of his player board.

So just after you (let's say 1st player) played the cards you MUST take a building and place it. After everyone else has done that, you decide who has the most cards:
Quote:
Bonus for most cards played:
The player adds +1 to the number of cards played.

Then it means that the winner MAY return that just taken building and take the more valuable? This sounds a little strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone plays their cards first, then you see who played the most, and then you build your buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But if everyone go for the same building it is important to track when they will all be gone. So the subsequent players may observe the building exhaustion and MAY completely refuse to use build cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rechecked the rules one more time, and it seems you are right. At any stage everyone first play their cards, and after that take the corresponding actions.
So the building exhaustion is an additional factor to predict by players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.