Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Series - Do you have to play an occupation each round of the series? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In an Agricola Solo Series, you are allowed to leave one additional occupation in play after each round of the series. But what do you do if you don't play an occupation in one of the rounds?

In the current series I am playing, I have made it through 6 rounds. Help from some good occupations and a bit of luck with some of the minor improvements have resulted in some really good scores in the most recent rounds (93, 93, and 89 in rounds 4-6). The single occupation I drew for Round 7 doesn't really help at all - one from the NL-Deck that gives extra food for each additional family member on Day Laborer/Fishing/Reed/Round 4. I don't really want to waste an action playing that card, so I would like to just skip playing an occupation if I can. After playing this round, I would like to go into Round 8 with only 6 occupations so I can try to draw a better one at random to carry me into the extra rounds (I plan on taking it as far as I can, not stopping at Round 8). Is that OK, or am I required to have 7 occupations in play at the end of Round 7/start of Round 8, thus forcing me to play the occupation?

If you are allowed to skip playing an occupation in one of the rounds, what would happen if you did it in an earlier round? For example, suppose you have 4 good occupations going into Round 5 but don't want to play any of the 3 that you drew. You start Round 6 drawing 3 new occupations and play at least 2 of those. Would you be required to keep both of those in play for Round 7 because you usually have 6 occupations in play at the start of Round 7 or would you only be allowed to keep one of those because you only carry over one new occupation after each round that you play an occupation?

I would guess that because most of this is not addressed in the rule book, almost any answer would be a house rule/variant. But it would be nice to know if Uwe or anyone else has made official rulings on this at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
In the official non-cardboard implementation, if you don't play an Occ, the next round you have just as many Occs to choose from as you did the previous round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.