GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Nations at War: White Star Rising» Forums » General

Subject: A fun to play series! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what I like about the Nations at War series, is not about it being the most accurate game series as far as unit types or compositions of forces and sizes or forces but for the simple and fun game play, as a break from my normal wargame play that may be more involved and historically accurate. NaW like WaW are fun, fast playing games, where a scenario can be play in an hour after setup. You get the idea of how the battle played out historically in a less detailed format but fast playing with some nice balanced scenarios.

Obviously because of counter limitations in these games, you have to make due with counter mix until more products are released but a really enjoyable series to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. graphically, the units are nice to use, I like seeing a large coloured vehicle and that vehicle stats on the counters are quickly remembered. The games 'feel' right and are fun, which is about as much as I need at this level.

If I am a to have a platoon system though, it needs to cover enough of the war for me to want to collect into it and for me that means Russian forces are essential to this being a collectable system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree Norman, Stalin's Triumph needs to get published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.