Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 57 hours to go, only 3 backers for a project that has been open for almost two months, requires $35,000 in funding and is $34,960 (99.89%) short of its target.

There is no entry on BGG for this game. You have to wonder how serious this was to find a support base and sell the game.

(Edit: Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/729022326/hopeless-happi... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks hopeless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And none of those three actually backed the game, only T-shirts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, even Centerpiece has more pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Williams
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The muffin tin looks nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The strains of Beethoven's 5th make it oddly compelling....

I didn't know Socrates had his own website.

Quote:
I have a couple of custom game pieces / parts that I do not have exact specs or cost on, however with 30+ years business management experience I am an accomplished contingency planner and for these potential hurdles I not only have a Plan B, but also Plans C thru H. I strongly believe in truthfulness, ethical business transactions, and the marketing skill to under-promise and over-deliver.

Well, THAT'S a relief. 8 plans at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sullivan
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
The strains of Beethoven's 5th make it oddly compelling....

I didn't know Socrates had his own website.

Quote:
I have a couple of custom game pieces / parts that I do not have exact specs or cost on, however with 30+ years business management experience I am an accomplished contingency planner and for these potential hurdles I not only have a Plan B, but also Plans C thru H. I strongly believe in truthfulness, ethical business transactions, and the marketing skill to under-promise and over-deliver.

Well, THAT'S a relief. 8 plans at least.

And we know plan 9 will be from outer space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie reif
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mother always told me..."If you don't have anything nice to say..."whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at his personal webpage and found it rather depressing. Poor guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm all for ridiculing others to my friends, pointing out terrible things on the internet, etc. That's my live friends in person or even my personal facebook page. That's mean but at least it's a little more localized. This just seems overly mean spirited. "Hey everyone, this guy is pathetic!!!" Why would you do that to someone you don't know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It's more of an awareness of somebody that doesn't have awareness. There should have been clues that the campaign would not go well but they were never picked up on. He learned about crowd funding but never learned about what might make it successful. 4 people pledged, 2 at $25, 1 at $10, and 1 at $1. If you only have 3 acquaintances in the world, you can't expect to make millions on pledges. He wants a successful campaign even though he has never helped any other campaign and this is his first campaign. It's similar to expect to swim to the other side of the pool when you have never stepped in water, much less, learn to swim. There are just common sense knowledge missing from some people, so they do oddball things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
He wants a successful campaign even though he has never helped any other campaign and this is his first campaign. It's similar to expect to swim to the other side of the pool when you have never stepped in water, much less, learn to swim.

There are plenty of people who do very well on kickstarter who hadn't ever been on the site before they had a product that they were trying to develop, manufacture, and/or market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Haas
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get It Together (www.kickstarter.com/projects/firegenerator/get-it-together) has a chance to beat Hopeless Happiness for worst. It has only 2 backers for a total of $22 (out of $150,000), although it also has 5 days to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure Chess and Treasure Andromi: Not a bite.
None could beat the success of this one:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/419915857/treasure-chess...

0 backers
$0.00 pledged of $30,000 goal
Funding period Jun 1, 2013 - Jul 1, 2013 (30 days)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that Circlate Global Sport Game is a sad mess. I know it seems kind of cruel to point these out. But I have to admit when I see something like that I think "WTF?" That one reminds me of stuff you see at craft fairs. Her prices are insanely high with no rules or really telling you what you are getting. I just goes to show how little research she did on KS boardgame projects. Heck, we've seen big titles by experienced publishers fail with much lower goals.

Oi, I feel sad for her since I bet this is a dream project she's wanted to do. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Decker
United States
Kingsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's the ones that have zero backers I feel sorry for the most.
Even there own family and friends wouldn't give them a few bucks toward their project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow i went the kickstarter link i looked at 500 dollar rewards you get game signed great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameVaultVirginia wrote:
I'm all for ridiculing others to my friends, pointing out terrible things on the internet, etc. That's my live friends in person or even my personal facebook page. That's mean but at least it's a little more localized. This just seems overly mean spirited. "Hey everyone, this guy is pathetic!!!" Why would you do that to someone you don't know?

Yeah I felt the same way after looking at his kickstarter. I felt bad for him and hopefully he will reach out to others that have had better luck and work on improving any future attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.