Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Even though I didn't want too. These things really need it, I just could not stand the look of the 2 Klingon ships and the baby blue G class. I was willing to live with it, but then to boot, the Galaxy had a horrible black speckling on it; sooooo.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work - really love the shading and different panel colors.

Did you actually paint the various Enterprise panels different shades of grey before washing? Or highlight on specific panels?

Also - care to share your colors on those Klingon ships, they look fantastic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
These are the nicest repaints I've seen so far. What was your shading method?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks, Yes I painted a few panels lighter shades to kinda simulate repair spots. I painted layers from dark to light, dark base, heavy dry brush then a highlighting dry brush. finally, some wash, dark grey for the ent-d and dark green grey for the klngs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What paint series is the Dark Green Grey from? Vallejo Model Color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Um wellllll.... I use paint from the hobby store I just used green and grey mixed and added black and white for shading. Palmer paint (its actually pretty good)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Apple Paints many times - those craft store acrylics aren't bad, and cheap to boot

But when you said Grey/Green, I just figured that might be a pre-mixed Modelling paint

Thanks - I'm hoping to emulate your coloring on my Klingons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoobert GaGa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used washes to improve the appearance.

I used "Army Painter Dark Tone" on this ship, compared to the default look 'out of the box'. Wow, it turned out really well. After the wash I needed to touch up the yellow spots thought.

I've also used the following:

1. Army Painter "Soft Tone" on the Fergengi ship from Month One. Looks great.

2. Army Painter "Dark Tone" on the Romulan Ships. I think it made them too darkk.

3. Army Painter "Dark Tone" on the D7. I think it looks good. I can see how some would miss the metallic 'shiny' look but I don't.

4. Games Workshop "Wash" Azurmen Blue on the Enterprise D. It made it much too dark. Then a nice dry-brush with white made it look better again, and a touch-up of the nacelles and deflector array.

I would not use a hand brush to base coat. I'd use airbrush or primer, then washes. Much better results.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And another last one until the next wave. The rest just got a dark wash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan - love that Valdore paint job... best one of yours, I think.

Speaking of Romulans, Stoob I'd be interested to see pics of your romulans with the wash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MattHawke wrote:
Ryan - love that Valdore paint job... best one of yours, I think.

Speaking of Romulans, Stoob I'd be interested to see pics of your romulans with the wash.

Thanks. FYI, Romulans are hard to wash Valdore does not do well at all, it tends to draw to the wing tips, so be carefull

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:
Thanks. FYI, Romulans are hard to wash Valdore does not do well at all, it tends to draw to the wing tips, so be carefull

I like the blue color scheme. I'd seen a grey, white, and a yellow and was thinking of going to the green with some yellow (though washed and "aged") highlights. You've got me rethinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.