Popular Tags: [View All]
Kazumasa KYOYAMA
Japan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

In Dominion, the role of the player is monarch.
In Legendary, the role of the players So what?
I believe that it is the executive of the S.H.I.E.L.D.
What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary I'm thinking more like Agent Coleson than Nick Fury. And of course Nick Fury is one of the heroes in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the game is more like a story in a graphic novel which unfolds before us and the players are like directors of the action, participants in the outworking of the events but not necessarily tied to any one hero or hero group.

The story always begins with S.H.I.E.L.D. finding out about some kind of threat after which it begins recruiting heroes to assemble a team to address that threat. By the end of the game we have a complete story with a lot of detail and action. Sometimes, if we use our imagination, we can read between the lines of the game and envision a full story complete with plot twists, action sequences, suspense and drama. It's really a testament to the brilliance of the game designers and developers that we get to enjoy such a rich and rewarding game experience each time we play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See also: Flavor vs. Mechanics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the player's role is "the person playing the game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Players take turns being the storyteller of one page in a comic book: You are Stan Lee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.