1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Star Trek Episodes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Just curious, but how regularly do you guys watch Star Trek episodes? When was the last time you saw them? Any favourite episodes/characters in each series? Living in New Zealand they have not been on TV for probably close to 10 years. Recently a new digital channel (Jones TV) came on air and had William Shatner at their opening. They play a lot of retro classics and do a back to back to back of TOS, TNG and DS9. Needless to say I have been watching these and have so far come close to the end of season one of DS9 (they seem to be in order).
I am guessing that people in the US probably have a lot more readily accessible channels on cable TV that may screen episodes more frequently and would be interested in hearing about this.

The good thing is that since it has been so long ago the episodes feel quite fresh in my mind yet reassuringly familiar at the same time. They certainly prompted me to give Attack Wing a go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Jelsma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the moment I'm re-watching DS9. Seeing all the ships on screen makes me want to buy them even more. I really like recognizing the ships and captains from the cards in the show, and because I'm not really a Trekkie/Trekker most of this is new to me.

I've just watched the DS9 Tribbles episode, and after it I just had to order the Gr'oth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Gash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I've been slowly working through Star Trek in chronological order, as detailed at the Star Trek Chronology Project.

I'm up the the 5th Season of DS9 now. It's got me very excited about the Defiant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
I've been rewatching TNG - currently in season 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Trek TNG episodes going on in the background at work... just finished "The Price". Ignited my interest in TNG era stuff, but I'm still a TMP/TOS Fanboy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also working my way through (most) of Star Trek (only skipping over TNG as I've already watched it through 2 or 3 times). Currently on season 7 of DS9, then on to Voyager.
As for my favorite episode, that would have to come down to a handful of TNG episodes - Time's Arrow I & II, Tapestry, All Good Things, and the episode where Picard is mistaken for a god (having some difficulty remembering which one that was at the moment). Overall, the ones that focused on ethics and philosophy were my favorites among the series (as they tended to be the most thought-provoking ones), and TNG is the only series that really did a lot of those (though TOS did have a few that glanced in that direction).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be "Who watches the Watchers".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Netflix so I can watch TNG any time I want. I just watched the episode where Worf's son Alexander from the future comes back to try to get himself as a boy to train to be a warrior.

My favourite episodes are those that concentrate mainly on the Klingons, such as:

TNG:
- where Riker serves aboard the Klingon BoP
- where Gowron and Duros demand succession after K'mpec's death
- where Worf's half-Klingon girl first comes aboard to help stop the D-7 crew that was in stasis for 50 years
- the Klingon civil war episodes

DS9:
- Kor, Kang, and Koloth and Dax hunt the Albino
- Kor serves aboard a BoP during Martok's attack on Trelka V
- Klingon attack on DS9 where Martok was a changling
- any of the massive ship battles with Klingons in the mix
- where Worf and Dax serve aboard Martok's BoP and Martok at first acts like a coward because all the Klingons have given up hope of victory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Equinox pt. 1 and 2 on Voyager was a great story. You have another Federation ship lost in the Delta Quadrant, just like Voyager, but they have taken more.....extreme measures... to get by. Years later on Battlestar Galactica, similar themes were introduced in the Pegasus story arc.

Body and Soul was another great Voyager episode. The Doctor has to upload his program into Seven of Nine and basically "possesses" her. Jeri Ryan was great in this one.

Trials and Tribblations on DS9 was fantastic.

Best of Both Worlds in TNG is a classic.

Doomsday Machine, Space Seed, and Balance of Terror are probably my favorite TOS episodes... although, I do love The Apple. Not so much for the story, but for Yeoman Martha Landon (Celeste Yarnall). YUM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have Amazon prime so we can watch any TOS, TNG, DS9, or Voyager at any time for free!

We are watching Voyager through as a family (wife, sons, and I) and enjoying it. Just watched two-part Scorpion where Voyager stumbles on Borg space and Species-8742 shows up. Good stuff!

Can't wait for the Voyager/Borg releases in Attack Wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two reasons I haven't been able to make it through Voyager yet. Neelix and Kes. And, to an extent, I'm not a Janeway-fan either...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago I finished watching TOS all the way through. I had actually never seen every episode before, just most of them.

The wife & I finished rewatching DS9 last year. I'm considering suggesting we watch Enterprise soon. After sitting through every episode of TNG, DS9, & VOY during the first run, I couldn't finish Enterprise's 2nd season. The temporal cold war crap was that bad. Yes, worse than Voyager.

And yes, I've heard Enterprise gets better. But it's the only Trek I haven't seen every episode of yet.

The last couple of weeks I've put various movies on while building fleets, playing AW, or just practicing maneuvers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like going back to watch TOS once in awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Netflix and have been working my way through DS9. I only got through a few seasons in when it originally aired, and before that I watched every single episode of TNG at least 3 times. I'm really enjoying watching the DS9 series while playing the dominion war events, makes it so much more fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magentawolf wrote:
There are two reasons I haven't been able to make it through Voyager yet. Neelix and Kes. And, to an extent, I'm not a Janeway-fan either...

I hear ya. Thankfully next episode Kes is out. Neelix is rough, I'll admit. Janeway is more bearable than the first time through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Magentawolf wrote:

I hear ya. Thankfully next episode Kes is out. Neelix is rough, I'll admit. Janeway is more bearable than the first time through.

Do not F with Janeway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
since Netflix I've rewatched TNG and DS9. We're doing TOS and Voyager only the best episodes based on some reviews

http://www.geos.tv/index.php/index?sid=184

I have enjoyed some of the VOY stuff I hadn't seen before, but on occasion I'll let netflix just play through a few episodes and can feel some uneven quality there. In any event, I'm eager to get to the Borg stuff and some of the end Voyager stuff I never saw.

Still debating about Enterprise. I saw the first maybe six episodes when it first came out and never kept up. I hear bad things about the finale (though good things from a TNG perspective!) and am a little bummed they didn't get to the Romulan war stuff I was actually interested in. Good lesson in why prequels lose a lot of their power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Dominion War OP going on, my wife and I are watching S6 and S7 of DS9 on Netflix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too long ago I picked up the Blu-ray for TNG Season 3. Probably the best season of the series (arguably the franchise) overall, and holy bejeezus it looks fantastic in true HD. Though I haven't jumped on Season 4 yet (saving it as a reward for a project I'm working on), it got me started rewatching a lot of TNG and DS9 (best Trek series overall, IMO). VOY's writing is just lazy most of the time, I'm sorry to say, and I can hardly stomach most episodes. Die-hard Trekkie that I am, I've probably only ever seen maybe 1/3 of VOY.

Enterprise is the most underrated Trek series in my opinion. The writing was a substantial improvement over Voyager, the setting and characters were interesting, and it had a nice mix of low-key charm and intense serialized drama. The finale was a disappointment, but I suppose a well-intentioned one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I often watch episodes of Trek. We always enjoy TOS, and right now we're working our way through all of Enterprise (it is better than I was led to believe). We plan on going through all of DS9 next. TOS is still my favorite and always will be, but as a Klingon aficionado I think I'm really going to like DS9 (I have seen some of that show, but not a whole lot).

I draw the line at Voyager, though. That show makes My Mother the Car look like Game of Thrones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Netflix, finally got to watch DS9 all the way thru. Now I'm cycling thru TNG to see how many I missed. Up to Season 5 now. After this, its Voyager, then Enterprise.

And no matter how many I watch, I still prefer TOS so much better.

I almost stopped TNG when Weenie crusher was the savior of the E so many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth7 wrote:
With Netflix, finally got to watch DS9 all the way thru. Now I'm cycling thru TNG to see how many I missed. Up to Season 5 now. After this, its Voyager, then Enterprise.

And no matter how many I watch, I still prefer TOS so much better.

I almost stopped TNG when Weenie crusher was the savior of the E so many times.

I am dying to see what, if any, card they make for Wesley. It can come paired with a Captain Elite Skill card of "SHUT UP, WESLEY!!" laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen every episode of every series (including The Animated Series), most of them more than once, and I might start rewatching TNG/DS9/VOY soonish. Probably on Hulu+ or Netflix (though I also have Amazon Prime), just because, while I own the DVDs, I don't have anything on Blu-Ray (yet), and I prefer the HD versions.

But dear god, I cannot make it through Enterprise again. I really, really wanted to like it, and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but then we hit the Xindi arc, and so much of season 4 was "let's recycle the most successful bits of others series!", and I just... sigh. Aside from the fun that is the Andorians, I just can't deal with Enterprise again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:
I've seen every episode of every series (including The Animated Series), most of them more than once, and I might start rewatching TNG/DS9/VOY soonish. Probably on Hulu+ or Netflix (though I also have Amazon Prime), just because, while I own the DVDs, I don't have anything on Blu-Ray (yet), and I prefer the HD versions.

But dear god, I cannot make it through Enterprise again. I really, really wanted to like it, and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but then we hit the Xindi arc, and so much of season 4 was "let's recycle the most successful bits of others series!", and I just... sigh. Aside from the fun that is the Andorians, I just can't deal with Enterprise again.

Like you, I have seen everything Trek thee is, with the Exception of JJ Trek 2, one of his godawful films was too much for me.

Anyway, I'm going to preface this by stating that I started watching TOS during its initial syndication run in the 1970s, so im not some Johnny come lately recent convert to the cult of Trek. And, I am a huge DS9 fan, which is my favorite series of all time, probably even beyond just Trek.

That being said, TNG for me will always be the middle child of Trek. I like Jan Brady just fine, and they did have some very good episodes. But, the lack of serialization really hurts this show for me. That, and I really don't like Data. It's not as bad as most people's hatred of Wesley, as I don't hate him, but I really don't like him. In other words, I like Wesley more than Data, and everyone else as well before him. But, he is the only TNG character I don't really like, so it at least has that going for it. But, I could easily live the rest of my life without seeing more than a handful of episodes from seasons 1-3 again, it is just plain awful for the most part.

As for Enterprise and Voyager, they both suffer the opposite problems from each other for me.

I finally got around to watching Voyager from beginning to end, after having bailed on it in its first run within the first half dozen episodes. Having finally watched it, I can say one very shocking thing. I found out I dont actually hate Neelx after all. But, and here is the real problem with the series for me, I also found out I really don't like anyone on the ship, other than the Doctor. I don't hate anyone, but I really don't like them either. They're all just so bland to me, that I really never care about anyone enough to gain any kind of investment into their adventures.

Enterprise started out the same way for me. I stopped watching the original run after the first few episodes, and finally got around to watching it as well. And found I do like most of the characters, except the Vulcan leaves me cold. So, I like the characters, but don't care about he Temporal Cold War at all. I really hate time travel episodes for the most part, and having time travel be the center piece of your entire shows arc isn't going to help me want to watch it.

I'm re watching DS9 with the misses, I've lost count how many times this is for us. I'm also going brought Enterprise one more time. As well as the occasional TOS, TNG, and TAS thrown in. But, I think my use for Voyager will be limited to Attack Wing for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:
capnginger wrote:

Like you, I have seen everything Trek thee is, with the Exception of JJ Trek 2, one of his godawful films was too much for me.

Anyway, I'm going to preface this by stating that I started watching TOS during its initial syndication run in the 1970s, so im not some Johnny come lately recent convert to the cult of Trek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.