Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I thought it would be interesting to see if we as a group can build balanced characters. I'll throw some ideas out and lets see what we can come up with. I'll come up with a character and two possible roles, and we'll take it from there.

Human Archer

Roles: -Mounter Archer
-Trickster (Someone who makes trick shots)

Stats:
Str: d8
Dex: d10
-Ranged: Dex+3
Con: d6
Int: d6
Craft: Int+2
Wis: d10
-Perception: Wis +1
Powers:
Hand: [x]5 []6
Proficiencies: Ranged Weapons[x] Light Armor)[x] Melee Weapons[]
-When playing a Ranged Weapon. You may make a Dexterity 7 check to recharge it instead of discarding it.
*-Perform a combat check for another player at your location using a ranged weapon. Discard the ranged weapons used after the check.
-You may reset your hand at the start of your turn. If you do, skip your reset at the end of your turn.

Deck:
Weapons: 3
Armor:1
Items:4
Spells:-
Ally:4
Blessings:3

Favorite: Weapon(Ranged)

So these are just some ideas. I want to hear yours and I'll take those ideas, and adjust this character to what the forums thinks makes a balanced and fun character. Give me ideas for role powers as well. If you have a better roles idea, feel free to lets us know. *- Indicate changes made due to forum advice.

In the end this character is for all of us to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "your/adjacent location" thing doesn't really work, since people can place the locations however they desire, but at your location would work fine.

The discard to help is rough, though, with only 3 weapons (probably all three ranged) since you cannot recharge a card that you had to discard as payment for an ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I guess my group does it a little differently. Once our locations are down, we leave them in the same space. But I can see your point. That ability is suppose to be rough and a rare occurrence. Doing combat for someone else is a pretty powerful ability imo.

What if the discard happened at the end of the combat check? At least then you could use the weapon for that check.

I will make the following changes:
From "-Discard a ranged weapon to perform a combat check for a player at your/adjacent locations."

To: -Perform a combat check for another player at your location using a ranged weapon. Discard the ranged weapons used after the check.

This wording still does not let you recharge since the discarding isn't due to playing the weapon, but due to the power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your stats add up to 34. (8+10+6+6+4) All of the characters in the game add up to 42 or 40. The only two that add up to 40 are the support/healers (Lem and Kyra). You may want to rethink those.

Also, Dex should never be the base stat for perception. The only stats that should change base stats are Arcane and Divine. It's just how Pathfinder (and D&D) works. Perception has and will always be based off of Wisdom (except when modified by spells).

Coyote81 wrote:

Proficiencies: Weapons(Ranged)[x] Armor(Light)[x] Weapons(Melee)[]

This isn't really how the game is designed for weapon proficiencies...I suppose that works though. I'm building a character that is only proficient with ranged weapons and did it quite a bit different.

On the bottom of Page 19, there are recommendations for building your own character. You should have 4 power feat checkboxes and you only have 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the info, didn't have my instruction book with me at work when this idea came into my head.

As for the perception. I guess that is a good point, but can't characters have something special about them. like having their perception based on an unusual stat?

Yea, I know I only have a few power boxes, any recommendations on what I should change there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyote81 wrote:
As for the perception. I guess that is a good point, but can't characters have something special about them. like having their perception based on an unusual stat?

Sometimes there's different stats assigned, but there's a reason behind it. I see no reason how someone's nimble fingers can help them perceive things better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, changes to be made are:

-Wisdom changed to d10.
-Perception changed to Wis +1
-Armor(light) changed to Light Armor[x]
-Weapons(ranged)[x] to Ranged Weapons[x]
-Weapons Melee[x] to Melee Weapon[]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.