Subject: play time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is everyone finding the play time to be? Our 5 player game took about 2.5 hours. I played a 2 player game on BGA in about 45 minutes. This seems to be a game that is a bit prone to AP, even from players who usually do not take a lot of time. I have heard some saying that this game packs a lot of strategy into a short time frame. I guess that is relative because there are some who think 5 hours is a short time frame. But I don't think this game is really any shorter than Caylus. Even when you have 3 workers at the beginning of the game, it does require thought when you place them AND when you remove them. And a mistake can be costly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played about 6 games online now, with 2-4 players. The longest game was about 45 mins. I think the game is a LOT shorter than Caylus. 2.5 hours seems an awful long time to play the 5 player game - maybe people were really taking their time thinking about their moves. Our first 5 player game of Caylus when we were learning it was 5 hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"When you walk..."
mbmbmbmbmb
My one play (also five players) seemed to last over 2 hours as well. It didn't seem like it was any shorter than Caylus to me, but perhaps that time would shorten after further plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taught and played this three times in under 90 minutes total each time. Two 3 player games, one four player game. More players definitely impacts the time it takes (more than linear increase) as there is more to consider, but 2.5 hours would seem to be a case of having multiple people with AP issues rather than the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
I've taught and played this three times in under 90 minutes total each time. Two 3 player games, one four player game. More players definitely impacts the time it takes (more than linear increase) as there is more to consider, but 2.5 hours would seem to be a case of having multiple people with AP issues rather than the game itself.

Well, part of the reason it took so long is that we had one really long laughter break. This game produced one of the best unintentional one liners I have ever heard in a game. It happened due to the "remove a worker and choose to collect money mechanic". One player stated " I want to buy that building but I am too poor". Another player stated "Well, you could always yank a guy and get paid." OOPS!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.