• [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah yup.

Some pledgers are saying that NFE (or whoever the new management is) is replying to e-mails, it just takes them weeks

Very disappointing to see them drop their big promises so quickly. I got really excited that this project was going to be finally finished.

I have personally sent a e-mail asking them about their big promise to update monthly. Of course it has been a week now with no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about that. I contacted them through Kickstrater at the beginning of September but heard nothing back. It's just weird. why would they bother to come and post a long update promising communication and then totally fail to deliver. It just doesn't make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holding off further claims for refunds?

It's definitely past amazon time limit. So people will be going to their credit cards now.
Plus, it looks like they wanted to null and void and further claims of non-delivery from international backers.

But yes, TMVM has it right. It is VERY weird why they updated. I really thought the project was dead in the water. That update really gave me hope that I would see this project finished.

I do say as well that the update was used to move the project away from Matt J and co. Now there is "new management", Matt can say truthfully on his resume that he delivered Purge. The non-delivery of the second shipment is no way his fault as it is now in the hands of new management.... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMVM wrote:
why would they bother to come and post a long update promising communication and then totally fail to deliver. It just doesn't make sense.

To sell more last minute copies of their game, maybe?

From the second update (Aug 1, 2013):

Update wrote:
As a thanks for your support and loyalty. NFE is offering a one time sale on the PURGE Inaugural Set and Playing Mat only to our KS Backers.

$12.50 for 1 PURGE: Sins of Science Base Game & 1 PURGE Playing Mat (plus shipping & handling).

That's 75% off MSRP!

This sale will expire on AUG. 31, 2013.

I laughed hard when I read this and thought "yeah, just come back after that long time and you really believe you will get even MORE MONEY for a product that maybe will be delivered... or maybe not."
But I then was surprised to read comments of people who really wanted to buy another copy...

So maybe that was the plan? Just cash in some more money and get rid of the misprinted cards that are useless without the promised upgrade/fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, I'm out. This game is not good enough to justify all this bullshit and I don't want to waste my attention on it anymore.

The publisher has failed us again and we probably won't get the expansion. But, anyway, even if we received the expansion, the game is dead, no further cards are to be expected, and PURGE is nearly useless without a big pool of cards to deckbuild with, as the only variance in the game comes from the unknown composition of the opponent's deck.

I have unceremoniously get rid of my PURGE cards. It's too late for me to have a refund, so I have lost 55 bucks, but regained some peace of mind.

If any of you backed this project as a result of my early hyped comments at BGG, I'm really sorry for bringing you into this mess.

*Unsuscribed*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
annnnd they are back again

Quote:
September Update:

Balancing for the new expansion decks Cygnus Prime, Mastermind of Life & World Spoiler complete.

Balancing for Faction Upgrade Packs Complete

Still working on Multi-player Pack & Rules

Artwork for expansions completed (minus player created art)

Considerations for PDF Print & Play are still being debated

Artbook preparations underway. Please leave comments for which pictures you would like to see as a whole page. Other pictures will be four (4) to a page (200+ pieces of art). Production specifications such as gloss, paper type, binding, DPI, etc are being looked into.
Work to be accomplished in October:

Preparations and setup of Artbook

Finalization of Multi-Player Pack & Rules

Pre-Print Preparations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silence has been re-instated again.

I think we can order the coffin now.

Can't see this getting finished as promised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.