Subject: Uni and Song of Courage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uni:"Instead of Conquering, release one (if in tunnel) or two (if in room) captured adventurers. The party still gets fatigue and you still lose 1 evil."

Song of Courage:"The Conquering Step (including fatigue) happens twice this round, unless you prevented conquering. Choose the second tile according to the usual rules."

What happens when you use Uni?
1. Fatigue damage, Release adventurer(s) (Instead of conquering means conquering has been prevented)
2. Fatigue damage, Release adventurer(s), Fatigue damage, Release adventurer(s) (using the Uni ability twice since it's the same Conquering Step)
3. Fatigue damage, Release adventurer(s), Fatigue damage, Dungeon tile Conquered (using the Uni ability once)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Griep
United States
North Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 1. Uni's effect prevents conquering. Because conquering has been prevented, the Song of Courage doesn't have an effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Steindam
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
neoeinstein wrote:
Option 1. Uni's effect prevents conquering. Because conquering has been prevented, the Song of Courage doesn't have an effect.

I'm not sure. I think that "The Conquering Step" includes both "conquering" and "fatigue". That would meant that Uni prevents the "conquering" portion of The Conquering Step, but that the step still technically happens. If so, then repeating the step twice would cause fatigue to happen twice, and for adventurers to be freed twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am with Nevin. I am also inclined to think that the conquering step is NOT skipped by Uni. Uni just provides a different resolution. Instead of flipping a tile, you release a captured adventures.

Edited for missing "NOT" in a very vital sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as the Kyrill sais: the adventurers release one or two prisoners, then they take fatigue damage, you lose 1 evil, but your dungeon tiles remain unconquered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a tiny (i.e. big) error in my previous post (now corrected).

I was trying to say that the conquering step was NOT prevented. Uni just provided a different resolution of the conquering step.

In short, the conquering of the tile may have been prevented, the conquering step still occurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it sounds like Option 3 is what the consensus is for? That'd be my guess, but the wording is just vague enough that it's hard to be certain. I could also see Options 1 and 2 being viable, although I'm also of the opinion that it's probably not Option 1.

EDIT: Actually, sounds like they're voting for Option 2. I think Option 3 may be the right call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it is indeed either option 2 or 3.

Because you are faced with two Conquering steps and because pets effects can be used only used, i.e. you would use Uni in either Conquering Step 1 or 2 I would go for option 3.

But whether this option is indeed correct is not as evident as I would like it to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I forgot that they are separated conquering steps. Option 3 seems more logical now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.