J
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I am going to be demoing this at a local convention. Should I stick with non-binding deals like in the regular game or use the variant to make all of the deals binding (I call it Honor Amongst Thieves). What does everyone think?

Thanks
BMT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's down to personal preference - when we played the proto-type for this we played it with binding deals (as per Dune), as we found without that the haggling tended to drag on a bit too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BigMacTruck wrote:
Hey All,

I am going to be demoing this at a local convention. Should I stick with non-binding deals like in the regular game or use the variant to make all of the deals binding (I call it Honor Amongst Thieves). What does everyone think?

Thanks
BMT

Stick with non-binding. But that's just my personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am demoing it at game in Springfield MO.
I am definitely gonna shrink it down to 4 rounds in the interest of time. I just think that non-binding deals might end in a table flip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for the 4 rounds, but don't forget the final scoring.

We've never played with binding deals, but that seems to only really slow down when it involves blackmailed gangsters.

We solved this by house-ruling that "no matter what is asked or what words are used during a negotiation for blackmailed gangsters, the only part that is actually binding is whether the player can use the gangster or not". Essentially this keeps non-binding from becoming a back and forth when dealing with blackmailed gangsers and all of the different things that can do. We say this rule once at the begining of every game even for "experienced" players. We feel it matches the theme better than the other solutions we've seen.

e

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.