Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play LOTR:TCG with my wife a couple times a week and just picked up this expansion. I want to implement it while keeping the essence of this expansion alive.

Is anyone else doing this in two player mode and how are you choosing to implement it?

Are you only using cards from this expansion and the BASE set only - Avoiding the other expansions? Was it really designed best to use just these sets?

What heroes are you using? Are you only using Hobbits and not adding people like Galadriel etc?

If you are just using hobbits hopefully things scale well as you get into later packs - It seems harsh that to add Aragorn later in the campaign you have to add a permanent +1 threat to your threat wheel at the start of each subsequent adventure (as per campaign rules).

We are still working through Dwarrowdelf right now (almost done) but wanted to start figuring out how to make this work best.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spirit Glorfindel
Lore Aragorn
Fatty
Sam
Merry
Lore Pippin

seem the best thematically, but I will probably have Bilbo instead of Strider to try even more Hobbit-oriented double deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this, but surely will someday. For now, I do have the Hobbit sets. I play the saga expansions as stand-alone. I do use cards from the regular sets, but I attempt to keep it reasonably thematic. I also do not use any of the saga cards when playing regular scenarios. I even keep the saga cards in a separate section of my card binder, creating thematic decks specifically for the saga scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.