Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: 'revolt in ireland': Does he has to use his siege units for external war rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Schmeichler
msg tools
I (Pope) am playing 'Revolt in Ireland' on the English.

It states that the English can´t use units from a sieged field.

Does this mean, that his troops which actually besiege Edingburgh are safe?

Or is the intention of the card, that only besieged units can´t used for the external war?

thank you

-boris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the intention is no besieged units.

Besieging units could be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
brainst0rm wrote:
I would say that the intention is no besieged units.

Besieging units could be used.

I agree, but the rules are not 100% clear. If your interpretation is correct (and I think it is), I would prefer if the rules said "not from a stack under siege" instead of a space under siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmeichler
msg tools
So what would you do in our situation, with a rule not 100% clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBladeCalledBoris wrote:
So what would you do in our situation, with a rule not 100% clear?

Pick what seems the more likely and note it down as a "house ruling to be clarified after the game".

If an agreement can't be reached either vote on it or flip a coin for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just bad wording in the rules. A space cannot be under siege. Land units can be under siege.

The rule should read "The power then selects the specified number of land units from any location on the map (except a space land units under siege)."

Note that pulling besieging units could cause the siege to break and is consistent with the conditions listed in 15.3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
TedW wrote:
It is just bad wording in the rules. A space cannot be under siege. Land units can be under siege.

How would you describe an empty key under siege, then?

It's the fortified space that defines a siege, not the presence of units within.

However, I'm totally in agreement that it means "don't use units who have retreated into fortifications." Pulling besieging units would be fine, but as noted might break the siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
TedW wrote:

How would you describe an empty key under siege, then?

It's the fortified space that defines a siege, not the presence of units within.

However, I'm totally in agreement that it means "don't use units who have retreated into fortifications." Pulling besieging units would be fine, but as noted might break the siege.

Okay, I'll buy that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.