6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: MIdori in HB:EtF, as well as Howler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Flatline
Belarus
flag msg tools
sorry guys if the answer on my question is already given and hidden somewhere in the depts of forums.

The Question is following:
Midori has: "Once per run, when the Runner approaches a piece of ice protecting this server, you may swap that ice with a piece of ice from HQ. The new ice is installed unrezzed"

is the new ice really installed and allows me to receive a credit from Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future - The first time you install a card each turn, gain 1 credit.

and the same question is about Howler. when i use it's suroutine - do i take a credit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
keasanya wrote:
sorry guys if the answer on my question is already given and hidden somewhere in the depts of forums.

The Question is following:
Midori has: "Once per run, when the Runner approaches a piece of ice protecting this server, you may swap that ice with a piece of ice from HQ. The new ice is installed unrezzed"

is the new ice really installed and allows me to receive a credit from Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future - The first time you install a card each turn, gain 1 credit.

and the same question is about Howler. when i use it's suroutine - do i take a credit?

Yep. Same with Minelayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, now there's the perfect 4 card combo: Ice up a server with whirlpool -> Howler -> Cell Portal, and drop Midori in the back. Then, when you get tired of adding things with Howler, swap it out to use later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
personwholives wrote:
See, now there's the perfect 4 card combo: Ice up a server with whirlpool -> Howler -> Cell Portal, and drop Midori in the back. Then, when you get tired of adding things with Howler, swap it out to use later!

What? Midori can be used once per run. Howler gets trashed after use. I can't see any combo working with the mentioned cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swap Howler for Chum for a kill combo. Which I've only ever landed once. Unreliable at best.

(and I don't mean swap with Midori, I mean just do Chum)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:

What? Midori can be used once per run. Howler gets trashed after use. I can't see any combo working with the mentioned cards.

Howler actually doesn't get trashed until the run ends. And the Bioroid ICE isn't derezzed immediately either. It's still a crazy fringe case that relies on having a perfect hand and a huge pile of credits Whirlpool > Howler > Cell Portal does theoretically support a bananas combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.