BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Beating the OL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey group,

I wanted to start a discussion somewhere the OL won't (hopefully) read, so here I go.

Some observations and ideas so far:

All your heroes have a skill that gives a free surge (*** Mastery). That should synergize nicely with Avrics hero ability giving you a couple HP during unimportant attacks (maybe someone will also get Mana Weave).

And since my heroic feat also covers healing, I'd like to go more for the damage prevention with Cloud of Mist rather than Healing Rain or something.

Ideally since all other heroes seem to have good damage capabilities, I'd try and become a little bit more tanky with Heavy Cloak and maybe a shield.

Having finished one campaign in real life, I'd also say that one hero should get some AOE attack before we have to deal with masses of small monsters like Kobolds, so probably Nara with Whirlwind or Shiver with Runic Blast.

As far as quest 1 goes I don't care who wins as long as we collect all treasure :)

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sirprim wrote:
What do you think?

I think you're in the wrong forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Leezer wrote:
sirprim wrote:
What do you think?

How can anything be wrong in the off-topic forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
OL = ???

Odd Lurker
Old Layabout
Objectionable Lizard
Ornery Lettuce-eater
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to disagree with the OP. I DO care who wins, and I don't give a damn how much treasure you collect. I only care about MY treasure.

Also, you are equipping yourself with a terrible array of items. Personally, I'm going to go with a Light Cloak of Dazzling Rays to reduce everyone's vision, and for a weapon, I'm choosing a Crossbow with Poison-Tipped Bolts. Finally, I'm wearing a Ring of Rings, created specifically to mimic the powers of all other rings. I had to battle a horde of Demon Opossums to get it.

And screw your healing powers. You can't heal yourself if you're dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
Leezer wrote:
sirprim wrote:
What do you think?

How can anything be wrong in the off-topic forum?

Because when you give us a thread without context, then we provide it ourselves. The results can be either funny or horrifying. Time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I have Mana Weave, but I'm not sharing it. I'm going to keep it to myself and make BaMana Muffins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DAMN IT! I just encountered a slew of Undead Camels in the middle of the desert! Fortunately, I rained Mana from the heavens, in such a large burst, that it buried the Undead Camels, making it easy for me to dispatch them with a newly-found Dagger of the Undead Dead. Searching the camels, I uncovered a Poncho of Fog and a Scimitar of Sloth. Whew!

Unfortunately, I pricked my finger on the scimitar, and have been reduced to moving extremely slowly through the desert. Please, someone with a canteen of water - I need to rehydrate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
I'd try and become a little bit more tanky with Heavy Cloak and maybe a shield.

Later tonight I might try to become a little bit more tanky with some sipping tequila.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! I stumbled upon an oasis, populated by beautiful MerCacti - half fish, half cactus, all fun! My god, can they ever move! After spending two hours recovering my strength, and having it sapped ( ), I move onwards to the great city of New Dallas.

Wish me luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a little searching on the internet machine and apparently OL stands for "Olympique Lyonnais," a French soccer team. Bafétimbi Gomis is their forward, and it's not clear whether he is a kobold or if he will be vulnerable to a runic blast.

In any case, I think a cloud of mist may be a risky gambit because while it will impede the opposing team's vision, it will impede ours as well, and we may end up kicking the ball out of bounds. Shields are not permitted in league play, but I don't see anything in the rules about cloaks.

Personally my strategy would be to use mana weave to cast a Feet of Kicking spell, and also perhaps obtain a Mantle of Referee Confusion, particularly if we want to bring a tank on the field and start firing off shells at Frenchmen.

In any case, I think we can all agree that it might be lots of fun to get involved in French soccer, choose teams to support, and spend all of our discretionary income on replica jerseys and bobble-head dolls. Who's with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
OL = ???

Odd Lurker
Old Layabout
Objectionable Lizard
Ornery Lettuce-eater

Old Lady.
He's trying to sneak behind his wife's back, since she strictly forbade him from talking about RPG anymore.

Stop enabling him, people! He's only fooling himself that she won't find out, and his marriage is on thin ice as it is.
Do you want to be responsible for contributing to a divorce?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
In any case, I think we can all agree that it might be lots of fun to get involved in French soccer, choose teams to support, and spend all of our discretionary income on replica jerseys and bobble-head dolls. Who's with me?

That sounds like fun, actually.
Olympique de Marseille is gonna pulverize Lyonnais next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
sirprim wrote:

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My jeweler plugged the socket of the barbarian and said, "you sure got a purrdy mouth" while dueling banjoes played in the background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Verkisto wrote:
Also:

Yeah, I got a price :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit, I failed my saving throw against yellow cards again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Also:

Great this early and now it's already too late for my new thread idea to have a chance today ... maybe I'll remember it tomorrow

(or maybe actually think of one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dowdy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OL also refers to "Office Lady", a Japanese term for females with menial white-collar duties like getting other people coffee. They would probably rather use Runic Blast to break through the glass ceiling though than to take out swarms of Kobolds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
(*** Mastery)

Yup, wrong forum.

That's RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:

What do you think?

I think it's criminal that BGG is STILL blocked at work. I mean, how unfair is it that I have to WAIT until the evening to fight my way onto our home computer to get my daily dose of insanity? Not fair!! Not fair!!

I think it's high time that MGBM came back and countless OTHERS who have left us. You KNOW who you are........ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
If you piss off your own OL, they are less likely to protect you against the opposing DL. This could result in their penetrating your pocket, causing a fumble and having it returned for a TD. Or they might sack you or pressure you into an interception. Any of these things could shorten your career.

I advise keeping your OL happy. Maybe taking them out to dinner when you get accolades like offensive player of the week, or make it to the Pro Bowl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mornington Crescent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.