10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Flitwick and Ampthill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Mitchell-Dolby
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello all, this might be a tad specific but I am based in Flitwick and currently attend a club in Newport Pagnell although I'm aware of clubs in Bedford and Luton, however, I was curious if there was anybody based in Flitwick and/or Ampthill (or the surrounding vilages) who may not be able to get to these clubs and might be interested in something closer to home.

My thinking is that in the last year or so me and my group of friends (all local to this area) have gone a little nuts on games and we have a pretty wide diversity between us now and could easily fuel a club by ourselves and would be great to introduce people and see my gaming collection put to more use, if only to justify it to my bank balance. So if anyone from the area sees this and is interested in the idea of gaming and perhaps doesn't have much of a collection themselves, or has trouble finding people to play with, please do respond.

I don't know if schools and things have gaming clubs, they didn't when I used to go to them (one of them had a Warhammer club although granted this was over a decade ago), and I haven't been able to find any evidence of them.

As I say, our little cluster of villages is perhaps an oddly specific location but no harm in asking.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi!

Many years ago, I went to school in both Flitwick and Ampthill! I don't live there anymore though, but best of luck finding new members for your group.

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a club in Bedford?? I didn't know that. (I know there is a group who meet in Shefford)

Mike (I live in village just N of Bedford).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
Three is a group who meet in Leighton Buzzard each month which is not far from you.

http://bedsbucksgamers.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Mitchell-Dolby
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm aware of local clubs and I am not looking to stop going to the club in Newport Pagnell which I really enjoy, I'm just curious as to anyone in the Flitwick area who maybe can't get to any of the clubs, as they all currently at least require a train journey, who might be interested in meeting up locally as I would be interested in running a local club as well as going to my regular club in Newport Pagnell.

That was a mouthful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

We're not that far away in Shefford, if you want to drive over our way on a Friday night? See my blog Shefford Friday night games for details of what games we've been playing recently. We've just had three new players join us, and we always welcome more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie King
United Kingdom
Abbotts Ann
Hants
flag msg tools
Used to live in Flitwick and probably moving back there early next year so very possibly interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mechanic
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hijacking / resurrecting a very old thread, but if there are Flitwick/Ampthill occasional games going on, I'd be keen (and have a friend who might similarly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

As said just above, we're a few miles away in Shefford, but if you don't mind a short drive, you're welcome to join us on a Friday night. We have people travelling to us from much further afield than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mechanic
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. My Friday nights are pretty limited but if I get a pass, how can I find you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.