1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Darkover 36 (Timonium, MD, Nov 29 - Dec 1) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Schadt
United States
flag msg tools
Join us in lovely Timonium, MD (just north of Baltimore) for the last of the Darkover conventions! That's right, this year we will be saying goodbye to the Darkover Grand Council. So let's send her out in style!

(Here's the secret, though: we'll be back same time next year with a brand new convention. Shh. Don't tell. ;) )

In the meantime, Darkover's Game Room continues to get stronger every year, and we want to continue that trend! We will have scheduled events, including an Android: Netrunner tournament, as well as unscheduled open gaming starting at 2pm on Friday and going through 3pm on Sunday. (While we hope to be able to keep the game room open for all 49 of those hours, we do reserve the right to close the room so that the staff can get some sleep!)

Of course, there will be a host of other things going on at the convention, including several sci-fi, fantasy and fandom programming tracks, a steampunk track, filk, huckster's room, the LAST EVER(*) concert by renowned fen musicians Clam Chowder, and the traditional Midnight rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus. But c'mon, there's gaming to be had!

(*) Clam Chowder reserves the right to prove me wrong by announcing a surprise reunion tour at some point in the future. As of the writing of this announcement, however, no such tour is planned. Or if so, they haven't told me about it.

If you are interested in running a scheduled event (including, but not necessarily limited to, board game teaching sessions, tournaments, or RPG sessions), please let me know through GeekMail as soon as possible so we can get your event organized and scheduled!

Registration for the weekend is $50 until November 1st, $55 after that or at the door. For more information on the convention, visit

Gaming. What better way to shake off the Thanksgiving Food Coma?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.