Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if I am allowed to take a building of a value greater than 4, that first I take a building of value 4. I realize I then get to take *another* building tile. What confuses me is the phrase, "with a value equal to or lower than the difference." My question is the difference compared to what? If someone could explain this to me, hopefully using an example, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you somehow managed to acquire 6 building points, you buy a building that costs 4. The difference (6-4) is 2, so you can then buy another building costing up to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
BartP wrote:
...you buy a building that costs 4...

At the risk of introducing confusion, that's not quite right. You spend 4 building points to buy a building that costs UP TO 4 - regardless of the cost of the actual building, though, you have to spend 4 building points.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12385345#12385345

So with 6, you can take 1 building of cost 4 or less and 1 building of cost 2 or less.

This. You must spend 4 on your first building regardless of what you get and then you can spend your remaining on your second building, which can cost less than what you have to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well put, both of the above posters.

When teaching, I also try to point out that if you have 6 building points to spend, you can NOT get a 3 building and another 3 building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Erhardt
United States
New Baltimore
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone point me to the page that has this rule? Because the only reference I could find was on page 5, under "Building", that state; "Each player may choose a building (singular) with a value equal to or lower than the number of cards played." So I just assumed any excess building points were lost.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkE13 wrote:
Can someone point me to the page that has this rule? Because the only reference I could find was on page 5, under "Building", that state; "Each player may choose a building (singular) with a value equal to or lower than the number of cards played." So I just assumed any excess building points were lost.

Thanks!

Look on page 8 at "The Buildings" section. At the top under "Special Cases".

Rules wrote:
Special cases:
■ If a player is allowed to take a building of a value greater than 4, he takes a building of value 4 first, then another one with a value equal to or lower than the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Erhardt
United States
New Baltimore
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh, ok got it. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Sprite
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 6 money can you get one 3 building then one 2 building? This like you down graded a 4 building. I can't see myself doing it, but I like to know and can see one of my regular gamers asking me this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSprite wrote:
If you have 6 money can you get one 3 building then one 2 building? This like you down graded a 4 building. I can't see myself doing it, but I like to know and can see one of my regular gamers asking me this.

Please note, it is not "money" needed for buildings, but building cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.