Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have we ever received a definitive answer on what happens to goods placed on future rounds if the card which originally put them there leaves play?

To take a simple example, say I play a Reed Pond, place the 3 reed on future rounds, and then immediately play my Madonna Statue and get rid of the Reed Pond. What happens to the reed on the future rounds? Do I still get them?

Same question with any number of occupations followed by Snitch or Retirement.

Related question -

Suppose I play my Manservant, then I renovate to stone and I place 3 food on each round for the Manservant. Then I use my Altruist (Pi-2) to renovate from stone back to wood. What happens to the food? I assume it stays there since the Manservant is still in play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick answer it is controversial, or so I believe based on what is the most official rulings.

I believe according to the compendium then yes the stuff gets removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brain's feeling fuggy, so I'm not sure if this is relevant, but when you make the Well, and than later hand it back to make the Village Well, then the rulebook specifies that the food from the Well "remains on the board even when the 3 additional food from the Village Well is distributed, and again if the Well is purchased a second time."

This has lead me to believe that the principle is that once something is placed on the board it stays on the board, even if the cause of it being there is no longer in play - but I may be terribly wrong in that belief
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread explains what happens to resources when the improvement that provided them is removed:

http://play-agricola.com/forums/index.php?topic=3389.0

In short, they are removed according to the 7th edition rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Has Uwe given an official ruling on this? If not, someone should PM him. He seems like a regular on this site.

Uwe Rosenberg
Germany
G├╝tersloh
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fir discussions of this nature it's probably good to look at what ahs
already been said:

The discussion about sack cart and madonna statue
Eugene's response about well to village well

I don't agree with the ruling but that as far as I know is how it's handled by the compendium, which I do respect even if I would house rule otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
Fir discussions of this nature it's probably good to look at what ahs
already been said:

The discussion about sack cart and madonna statue
Eugene's response about well to village well

I don't agree with the ruling but that as far as I know is how it's handled by the compendium, which I do respect even if I would house rule otherwise.

Yeah, I've read both of those, and I also play the way the compendium dictates. (And I can't remember the last time anyone used a Madonna Statue anyway) I've just not entirely convinced it's right, and I've never seen any official ruling on it, so was wondering. And the playagricola.com folks seem to still be debating it, so it seems like a not-totally-settled issue.

As an aside, I don't mind this ruling that much since I kind of think that putting stuff on the board was intended more as an accounting system than it's own mechanic.

I'm still really not clear on the Altruist/Manservant situation though. Probably why Altruist didn't make it into the WM deck. It just causes all kinds of rules questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.