Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: False Echo and Jack Howard questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sexy Mike Lawson
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Ok so I have two questions about the latest data pack cards so figured I would just ask in one post.

1. Where exactly do the ice cards go when cards like False Echo "add it to HQ"? Like does it just make the card go back to the corp's hand (sounds lame imo), or does it install it in the outermost spot for ice in HQ?


2. Jackson Howard. This question may sound dumb but are his 2 effects applied at the same time? For example, can I just spend an action to draw 2 cards with him each turn and not have to remove him from the game? And also could I remove him from the game to shuffle 3 cards back into RD at anytime? or are they both applied at the same time no matter what?


thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawson171 wrote:
Ok so I have two questions about the latest data pack cards so figured I would just ask in one post.

1. Where exactly do the ice cards go when cards like False Echo "add it to HQ"? Like does it just make the card go back to the corp's hand (sounds lame imo), or does it install it in the outermost spot for ice in HQ?


"Add to HQ" means "return to hand."

Quote:
2. Jackson Howard. This question may sound dumb but are his 2 effects applied at the same time? For example, can I just spend an action to draw 2 cards with him each turn and not have to remove him from the game? And also could I remove him from the game to shuffle 3 cards back into RD at anytime? or are they both applied at the same time no matter what?


Two distinct abilities. The first ability has a click symbol, meaning that the Corp has to spend a click--so it's on the Corp's turn, spending a click.

The second ability has no click, just a bold description, so it can happen any time the Corp can use a paid ability. Which means almost any time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice goes back to the Corp's hand.

You must choose only one of the abilities to use at a time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sexy Mike Lawson
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
thanks for the fast replies.

Howard Jackson is awesome now, and False echo is useless (why would I ever care to spend an action and a program slot to have a card that I have to trash so it can send an UNrezzed piece of ice back to their hand?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawson171 wrote:
thanks for the fast replies.

Howard Jackson is awesome now, and False echo is useless (why would I ever care to spend an action and a program slot to have a card that I have to trash so it can send an UNrezzed piece of ice back to their hand?)

Sometimes a card is part of a combo that hasn't been completely released yet. With some of the cards in the first pack of a cycle, we have to wait for the other shoe to drop. NEXT Bronze is an even more obvious example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
hooliganj wrote:
Lawson171 wrote:
thanks for the fast replies.

Howard Jackson is awesome now, and False echo is useless (why would I ever care to spend an action and a program slot to have a card that I have to trash so it can send an UNrezzed piece of ice back to their hand?)

Sometimes a card is part of a combo that hasn't been completely released yet. With some of the cards in the first pack of a cycle, we have to wait for the other shoe to drop. NEXT Bronze is an even more obvious example.


Grumble, grumble, if there is a second combo piece for False Echo, couldn't they have just put in this pack and moved Frame job back to match up with it's own combo pieces?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I know I've had times where the corp hasn't rezed Tollbooth (the only ICE on HQ) because I didn't have 3 credits, and they wanted it to hurt more. If I used False Echo there, it essentially undoes the installation, and sets him back one tempo. So it's not totally useless, but it is expensive and most play styles prefer other cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:
Lawson171 wrote:
thanks for the fast replies.

Howard Jackson is awesome now, and False echo is useless (why would I ever care to spend an action and a program slot to have a card that I have to trash so it can send an UNrezzed piece of ice back to their hand?)

Sometimes a card is part of a combo that hasn't been completely released yet. With some of the cards in the first pack of a cycle, we have to wait for the other shoe to drop. NEXT Bronze is an even more obvious example.


Except NEXT Bronze is already a good card - it fills a couple hitherto empty niches: 2-credit ETR Code Gate and new way of varying ICE strength. Both of those niches are useful, especially in this Atman environment. False Echo, by contrast, doesn't do anything well. I can't think of a time that I really wanted a derezzed piece of ICE in the Corp's hand rather than on the table.

dlaw008 wrote:
Grumble, grumble, if there is a second combo piece for False Echo, couldn't they have just put in this pack and moved Frame job back to match up with it's own combo pieces?


Problem with that is Frame Job looks like it's going to combo with at least one card per pack this cycle. If we got Frame Job in pack 5 or whatever, Raymond Flint or something would be the one we would complain about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.