STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
first i feel exciting with this game...but i feel embarrace that i have a couple of questions....but i have no other way to learn.So,when i pick up a "blessing " card for keeping the turns,shall i try to acquire this card or not?...and second,when ever i have to use the d4 die,i do the sum of the numbers in the bottom side as a result?

Thaanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IONIAN wrote:
Hi there,
first i feel exciting with this game...but i feel embarrace that i have a couple of questions....but i have no other way to learn.So,when i pick up a "blessing " card for keeping the turns,shall i try to acquire this card or not?...and second,when ever i have to use the d4 die,i do the sum of the numbers in the bottom side as a result?

Thaanks in advance

1. You cannot get the blessings from the blessings deck. It is a timing mechanism. You can gain some benefits from the text on the card, however.
2. Read just the bottom number. It should be a 1, a 2 , a 3 or a 4. So it gives a number from 1–4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blessing deck just acts as a timer on the game. You do not encounter or attempt to acquire a blessing when you flip it from the blessing deck. The only time the blessing on the blessing deck actually matters is when playing a Blessing of the Gods to copy the effect, and for a few encounters that check the top card of the blessing deck.

D4's are read either by the number around the top point, or the number around the middle bottom. It will be clearly face up and the same on all sides of the die. Sorry, I don't know off-hand which kind of D4 Pathfinder uses; we just broke out our RPG dice and left the Pathfinder dice in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome to the forums! You do not typically aquire blessings from the timer deck, they just go straight to the timer discard pile. The reason there is an aquire number on blessings is because sometimes they show up in the location decks.

I'm not sure what your second question is, could you try rephrasing it?

EDIT: Nevermind, ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

thanks very much all of you for the answers.
Enjoy your Friday night the best way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
D4's are read either by the number around the top point, or the number around the middle bottom. It will be clearly face up and the same on all sides of the die. Sorry, I don't know off-hand which kind of D4 Pathfinder uses;

My copy has the "number at the base" style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a good article with a picture to show how to read the 4 sided die: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-sided_die

I never thought about it, but it mentions that a dreidel is a 4 sided die. I wonder why nobody's ever done that shape of d4 for other gaming. given all the other variants I've seen, I'm surprised I haven't seen that before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromper wrote:
Here's a good article with a picture to show how to read the 4 sided die: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-sided_die

If we do a sidebar about dice in the next rulebook, that is definitely going into it.

Fromper wrote:
I never thought about it, but it mentions that a dreidel is a 4 sided die. I wonder why nobody's ever done that shape of d4 for other gaming. given all the other variants I've seen, I'm surprised I haven't seen that before.

Boom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:

Oh wow. That is entirely awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IONIAN wrote:
when ever i have to use the d4 die,i do the sum of the numbers in the bottom side as a result?

We've added this to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.