Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of buying some of these to add to the game, and have a few questions which people may be able to help with, or at least give an opinion as there doesn't seem to be much on them in the rules.

1)How many to buy? I'm guessing initially 2, one for each side. This leads to a wider question as to how many should be on the battlefield?

2)Are they generic or do they need to be specified for a particular scenario. If they are generic do they start from each sides baseline?

3)Can they be eliminated and if so are they taken out of the game entirely (preventing their side from any resupply), or just reset to their starting point (merely interfering with resupply)?

4)When they have resupplied a unit do they go back to their start point or trundle around the battlefield resupplying different units?

I think they could be a really interesting game mechanic, bringing a new dimension to the battle. I see them going around the field while the battle rages about them. There could be an interesting dynamic whereby you have to decide whether to tie up a unit protecting them or leave the relatively weak unit unprotected and risk being unable to supply your units. I notice in another post that it is stated that they themselves do not run out of supplies (correcting a statement in the rules), however, it might be worth considering designating a hex as a supply depot (itself vulnerable to attack) to which they must periodically return to restock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no rules for them, yet! (At least for the C&C game system, don't know about Art of Tactics)
But there pobably will be, at some point...
When I bought SB at Spiel im Essen last year, I bought a couple boxes of No-dachi wielding samurai too, and was befuddled (and annoyed) to find that there were no rules for them anywhere... They showed up later here on BGG, and later still in the Ninja expansion, so apparently all good things come to those who wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The are some basic rules in the AoT rule book but they seem quite minimal. I would be quite surprised if they are included in the CandC rules, as the whole mechanic of supply to units seems a little foreign to the way they work. However I might be wrong, it has been known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Re supply" in C&C terms might restore some lost units/figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, taking a cue from Memoir, that would make sense, but maybe, since it's ammo resupply, it might be for ranged units only.
Or maybe a ranged unit with an adjacent resupply unit could reroll one or more ranged combat dice, or remove a figure from the resupply unit for an extra die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Mazzotti
Italy
Alfonsine RA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In C&C:SB they are Peasant Militia (PI) and have no supply ability, but they fight (not so good!) in close combat. They also have 6 figures per unit.
The rules are in the Samurai Battles: Ninja Attack expansion, where there are new scenarios to use PI

In Art of Tactics they have supply ability but I have never played this system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazale wrote:
In C&C:SB they are Peasant Militia (PI) and have no supply ability, but they fight (not so good!) in close combat. They also have 6 figures per unit.
The rules are in the Samurai Battles: Ninja Attack expansion, where there are new scenarios to use PI

In Art of Tactics they have supply ability but I have never played this system

I can see how this could be confusing, but you're actually wrong Alessandro.
There IS an upcoming box of ammo supply figures, sold seperately, that is a totally different unit from the peasant militia you refer to.
Check this link to the Warstore, where they're up for preorder:
http://www.thewarstore.com/product88069.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are already available in the UK, that's why I asked the question as I was going to buy some . http://www.buyforlessonline.co.uk/p-42639-peasants-with-ammo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.