Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: A buried item... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi again,
when i am going to "bury" an item,for example a half-plate armor,how this is work to my defence during the scenario?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IONIAN wrote:
hi again,
when i am going to "bury" an item,for example a half-plate armor,how this is work to my defence during the scenario?

Thanks in advance

You bury the card by putting it under your Character Card (with all the stats, powers, and skills). It stays there until the end of the scenario when you can get it back. However, by burying it you can activate the power that requires burying. Usually something very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i have understand correct,while i bury the "half plate " card ,under my character card,i 'll get +4 in my constitution or fortitude until the end of the scenario?Is it looks like ,the hero ,wearing his gearing?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IONIAN wrote:
If i have understand correct,while i bury the "half plate " card ,under my character card,i 'll get +4 in my constitution or fortitude until the end of the scenario?Is it looks like ,the hero ,wearing his gearing?

Thanks in advance

Um, no. The card says to bury it to prevent all damage just done to you. So it is a one time damage prevention, and, for now at least, you won't get any further benefit from that armor card for the rest of the scenario.

Burying a card means you've pretty much lost it for the rest of the scenario. It is usually used either to get some nice effect (in this case, preventing all damage dealt), or in response to some nasty monster ability (a goblin cutpurse stole something of yours for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok i get it Edward,thanks ....

Thanks again all of you , for your replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, envision taking the card out to your backyard, digging a hole, and physically burying the card. In terms of the current scenario, that card is gone.

(Supposedly, there may be cards in future adventure packs that allow you to retrieve a buried card during a scenario. For now, consider buried cards as inaccessible until the scenario is over.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially, bury is like a second/different "discard" pile. The difference is that cards and effects that allow you to recycle card from your discard pile back into your deck (such as Cure, Mending, and other healing-like effect) do not apply to the "buried" pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks again all of you,for the great help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.