8 Posts

Rolling Freight» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the Improvement Card: Careful Planner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mika Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
In the rules it is written: With one Careful Planner set 2 player dice instead of rolling them. But the question is: Do I set the 2 dice before rolling the other dice or after rolling the other dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played that you set them, then roll the other dice. That was how I read the rules, at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
We've always played that you set them, then roll the other dice. That was how I read the rules, at the time.

We play this way as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I believe the phrase "instead of rolling them". So, you have 6 dice. Instead of rolling 6 dice, you set 2 of them and roll the remainder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - what Nich said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget you roll the dice on the previous turn, so your action of setting the dice is from the dice you already have at the start of your next turn.You won't find yourself rolling and then immediately setting dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Even if the manual didn't say "instead of rolling" I would rule it that way because when you roll then set, you are basically gaining the ability to set more than the improvement allows.

As an example, let's say I need 6 grey to finish a long line for a big point boost. If I roll my dice first, I can then safely ignore any dice that come up grey and just roll the other dice hoping for more grey. If I set my dice then roll, the rolled dice have potential to be anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.