Popular Tags: [View All]
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got burned by a nasty little EMP trick last night.

-------------------------------------------------------
EM Pulse Card Text

Action: Disable this card to target a ship at Range 1-2 thatis not in your forward firing arc. Place an Auxiliary Power token beside the target ship. The target ship rolls 2 less attack dice this round.

I was flying my Khazara near DS9 after taking control of it and my opponent flew his Ferengi ship right past me and launched an EM Pulse. I had anticipated the move and planned a reverse 2, but had not thought of the EM Pulse. Ok, two less attack dice, but at Range 1 I get one back...I can live with that. What I failed to realize was the implication of the Auxiliary Power token.

As I revealed my 2 Reverse, he yelled out "illegal maneuver!". Wha?!?!

Sure enough, page 19 in the Auxiliary Power section it states:

If a ship already has an Auxiliary Power Token assigned to it and it reveals a Red Maneuver during the Activation Phase, the opposing player chooses any non-Red Maneuver on that ship's dial for the ship to execute.

You can imagine my horror as he 3 sharp turned me into my own DS9! I spent the next 2 rounds trying to get off the space station and took 2 damage to my shields.

Love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is nasty...and awesome all at the same time. I may have to look at the weapon a little closer now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iirc, DS9 counts as a ship not an obstacle? I don't think you should be taking damage from overlapping it. Also, yes, this little EM trick has been taken note of in the preliminary FAQ a week or two ago :-) Gotta keep up to date on your news from the war front cadet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
iirc, DS9 counts as a ship not an obstacle? I don't think you should be taking damage from overlapping it. Also, yes, this little EM trick has been taken note of in the preliminary FAQ a week or two ago :-) Gotta keep up to date on your news from the war front cadet!

Main body of the station is an Obstacle...pylons are Ships. *cough* real old news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Main body of the station is an Obstacle...pylons are Ships. *cough* real old news.

Hey, Its hard for an old man like me to keep up with it all some times! If only it were in some easy to find place like the OP rules or the Preliminary FAQ thread :-p

EDIT: Where is it anyway? I've been trying to find that ruling but haven't seen it yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

Hey, Its hard for an old man like me to keep up with it all some times! If only it were in some easy to find place like the OP rules or the Preliminary FAQ thread :-p

EDIT: Where is it anyway? I've been trying to find that ruling but haven't seen it yet

In the latest version of the OP Month 1 Special Rules:
http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/71258-Tou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

In the latest version of the OP Month 1 Special Rules:
http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/71258-Tou...

Oh there it is, near the bottom >.< I'm blind! thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.