Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back with another custom character! I've been thinking of different things to do with powers aside from discard 'blah' to get 'blah'. My runepriest was fun, although I constantly forgot to declare what rune I was using. This character uses Ki and only gets so many at the beginning of the scenario. It progressively gets better, and you can choose for it to get better if you spend feats on it. You'll need to use some tokens or something to note when you use them, or maybe just a sheet of paper.

Ryld’Kar, a native of the drow city Zirnakaynin, is a trained assassin and a slave of the great House Dolour. A favorite of the leader Eirenion, he is sent on many assignments that may benefit the house with knowledge of the surface dwellers of Golarion. He has been tasked to join a group of adventurers and find out whatever he can about the town of Sandpoint and it’s surrounding regions.

Ryld’Kar
Male
Drow
Ninja

Skills
Strength d8 [ ]+1 [ ]+2 [ ]+3
Melee: Strength +2
Dexterity d10 [ ]+1 [ ]+2 [ ]+3 [ ]+4
Ranged: Dexterity +2
Acrobatics: Dexterity +1
Stealth: Dexterity +1
Constitution d4 [ ]+1
Intelligence d6 [ ]+1 [ ]+2
Wisdom d6 [ ]+1 [ ]+2
Charisma d8 [ ]+1 [ ]+2 [ ]+3

Powers
Hand Size 5 [ ]6
Proficient With [✓] Light Armors [✓] Weapons

Knockout Poison
You may discard ([ ] recharge) an item with the liquid trait to add
2 dice with the poison trait to your check to defeat a monster. If the
monster is defeated, instead put it on the bottom ([ ] or top) of the
location deck. (Summoned monsters are put back in the box)
Ki
You begin each scenario with Ki points equal to the scenario number
plus your minimum Charisma check.
You may spend 1 Ki point to add a die to your combat check.
You may spend 1 Ki point to add a die to your non-combat dexterity check.
[ ] Ki Charge - You may spend 1 Ki point to add 2d6 with the fire and
magic traits to your combat check when using a ranged weapon without the Bow trait.
Silent Assassin
Ryld’Kar is considered to not be proficient with weapons with the 2 Handed and Melee traits.

Favored Card Type:
Item
Cards List

Weapon 3 [ ]4 [ ]5 [ ]6
Spell - [ ]1
Armor 1 [ ]2
Item 4 [ ]5 [ ]6 [ ]7
Ally 2 [ ]3
Blessing 5 [ ]6 [ ]7

Comments, concerns, and critiques are all appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Scheepers
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I was very sceptical when I saw this post, but it looks like a balanced character after all.
Good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This char seems pretty awesome....I'm gonna have to give him a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only stat that seems a bit off to me is the +2 range. I'd personally give range a +1 to grant the ability, but being a ninja, I think I'd give the extra +1 to acrobatics or stealth. Just a matter of preference I suppose.

That said, the Ki charge is pretty cool and I really dig the Knockout Poison power, pretty unique way to use potions. Have you thought any about the specialized versions of this character? It'd be cool to see an evade power that's tied to the acrobatics or stealth checks or something along those lines. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
macavity13 wrote:
Have you thought any about the specialized versions of this character? It'd be cool to see an evade power that's tied to the acrobatics or stealth checks or something along those lines. ninja

With AP3 just out and AP4 looming, I'll have to see how the current role cards work and what makes them balanced before I try and make my own. I'd also need to know if this character is balanced to begin with before I try to 'enhance' him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.