Area enclosure game.
BGG entry Flipside
2 player game played on the spaces of an 8x8 board.
2 chess queens, black and white.
64 Reversi/Othello pieces.
First place the board between the players.
Queens are then placed on any space of the last row closest to each player.
Then place in stacks of two, around the outer edge of the board at each row and column, the 64 reversi pieces.
Last player able to make a valid move on his turn wins.
One player plays black the other white.
Black moves first, then play alternates.
On your turn you must take 2 actions which together constitute a valid move:
1. Move your queen in any direction and end its movement on an empty space.
2. Take a reversi piece from the outer edge of the board, flip it to your color, move it rook wise and end its movement on an empty space that lies in line of sight of the queen you just moved.
A queen may jump over any combination of empty spaces and reversi pieces of your color.
A reversi piece may jump over any combination of empty spaces and reversi pieces of any color.
- As your queen jumps over reversi pieces of your color, flip them to your opponent's color.
- A reversi piece does not lie in a line of sight of a queen if another queen is in the way.
- Neither a queen nor a reversi piece may jump over a queen.
- Last edited Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:31 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:49 pm