Mark Craumer
United States
Fulton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

For those that are up to date on all of the expansions, do you have a preference between Kazad-dum/Darrowdelf and Numenor/Against the Shadow? Does either one provide more entertaining quests than the other? I’ve heard a lot about Spirit Glorfindel and Lore Aragorn, but are the heroes in AtS on par or weaker? Is there any power creep skipping K/D and jumping into N/AtS?

To be honest, the Voice of Isengard seems the most appealing to me but I don't want to wait that long.

I have the Mirkwood Cycle and all of the Saga expansions so I’m not too concerned about difficulty. Thanks to all who help with this decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I recently looked at all the player cards from both cycles and found that the majority of my decks come from Dwarrowdelf. That said the Quests from AoS might be better based upon what we've seen so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarondelf. There is spirfindel , elrond ... Need to say more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Drarrowdelf quests are generally very good. I prefer the Khazad-Dum quests to the Heirs of Numenor ones. Against the Shadow does have some good quests but the player cards aren't as good as the Dwarrowdelf ones (unless you happen to like Outlands).

I'd go Dwarrowdelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agus Prajogo
Indonesia
Malang
East Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nitescreen wrote:
For those that are up to date on all of the expansions, do you have a preference between Kazad-dum/Darrowdelf and Numenor/Against the Shadow?

I prefer to buy them all!!

But if I really, really, really have to choose, it'd be Kazad-dum/Dwarrowdelf. Elrond, Spirit Glorfindel, Lore Aragorn, and all the merry dwarves. Nuff said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if you want player cards, Dwarrowdelf Cycle have better and also have at least 3 - 4 great heroes such as Glorfindel from Spirit sphere (Spirifindel as he is known), Elrond, Aragorn from Lore sphere (also known as Loregorn) and Háma.

If you want more ellaborate and original quests/scenarios, Against the Shadow Cycle (AtS) is the way to go. They are, generally speaking more thematic and have fun mechanics. Dwarrowdelf also have some interesting ones (such as Redhorn Gate, Foundations of Stone, Shadow and Flame), but I think that AtS, at these moments (4 adventure packs, waiting for the 5th) they all are really fun and interesting scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Ats quests is better then Dw. But Dw have a really good player cards. So decide what you need more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.