Subject: Game-Themed Bar in DC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe mcgrath
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hog heaven! I stumbled upon 'The Board Room' tavern quite by accident while on business in DC yesterday. It's on Connecticut Ave near DuPont circle and it has a board game theme. You can rent various games (Risk, Clue, Scrabble, etc.) for $2, or you can bring your own. Their are plenty of tables around - last night there were several games going on: Ticket to Ride, Catan, some others I didn't recognize. Games aside, it's a nice little bar with a great beer selection, big screen TVs and a thriving clientele in a hip section of town, and did I mention they have an excellent beer selection? And games? Somebody pinch me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe

If you are looking for a real game store in DC that most Geeks would appreciate, there is none better than Labyrinth on Capitol Hill, which also holds plenty of gaming sessions on a regular basis as well as having a wide variety of the hot new releases.

Website is http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town. Probably January!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.