Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Daly
United States
Arcadia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several sets of Diplomacy that I use with my high school students. Through the years I have lost several pieces (I have the plastic star and anchors and the nicer metal/cannon sets) and need to replace them or get new ones. Does anyone know of a place where I can get the pieces? Or the wooden blocks? I've searched and searched but I've not had any luck.

Thanks in advance.

Sean
teach4food

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try posting here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150255/item/2408589#item24...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Edward - I realize this won't help you replace the missing pieces, but I thought I'd offer a side suggestion.

I also use the game in the classroom and to prevent the exact situation you describe, I've evolved toward using MS Powerpoint and projecting the games onto a screen or onto a smartboard. You can generally have four or five simultaneous games projected and seeming them up on the board and larger than a normal game board gives the kids a feeling like they are generals in a combat room.

I have the powerpoint if you'd like me to email you!

-Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hare Bol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd love a copy of that powerpoint for classroom use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
The Diplomacy club in my High School (yes, we had one) was run by one of the shop teachers, and he had made several large 4x6 foot boards and wooden boats and blocks for the pieces. It shouldn't be too difficult to make up some wooden pieces like those that came in the older versions of the game. There are several websites that sell wooden pieces for gaming, a quick search of BGG for "wooden blocks" should turn up a couple URLs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.