Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't shake off the feeling that it may be nearing the end of the road for Smash Up.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy the game plenty, and have had pleasure from this expansion. It will continue to sell as is.

But as for more expansions? Not sure... AEG doesn't appear very interested in ruling on discussions for this expac, suggesting it has moved on to other things. In general, the pace of debate has slowed - despite the release of four new factions.

I would like to see more from this game, but could understand if it has run out of ideas, and is slowing down on sales. It's a pretty decent game as is, and doesn't really need any more decks.

Also, I have found Smash Up has limited appeal among the gamers in my club, who think it's a big random mess... despite my efforts to promote it. Its biggest fan is my son! Have other fans have found similar flagging interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've already started posting teasers for the next set, so no, this isn't the end of the line. Why they've been quiet on the forums, I'm not sure. I try to answer questions if I feel confident in my answer, but I have yet to play with the Cthulhu set, so I've remained quiet.

Smash Up isn't meant to be taken seriously, it's mean to be fun. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:

Which begs the question: Aren't ALL games supposed to be fun?

#ameritrashovereuros
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
They've already started posting teasers for the next set, so no, this isn't the end of the line. Why they've been quiet on the forums, I'm not sure. I try to answer questions if I feel confident in my answer, but I have yet to play with the Cthulhu set, so I've remained quiet.

They have?

Good.

Where can I find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/alderac?fref=ts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Jones
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In answer to the opening post, the answer is Marmite...big gribbly, fear inducing Marmite.

I think one of the reasons discussions may have slowed down is due to the Marmite Effect the Cthulhu Expansion caused. Whilst there are many who have come to the game perhaps as a consequence of this marketing ploy and others who have accepted this change of tact, regrettably I fall into the "yeuck" category with this latest. To me the idea of four specific decks is a betrayal of Horus like magnitude to the games core concept. I;m not gonna rant...I'm happy for others to do so and for other others to enjoy this expansion, but I'm not the only one who felt this way. Ergo, vis-a-vis, concordantly the chatter has diminished.

I fear AEG has forgotten the face of its father, do ya kennet?

Or has it?! Well, no it hasn't. All shall be right as rain in the Imperium of Man as AEG promised the next expansion to be back to the original game and first expansion's principle idea, and with it I'm sure people will be all a flutter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
The End? Heck I'm already working on October 2014's release...

It's a long way from the end, and Cthulhu has had such a dramatic effect on the game, and we've gained so many new customers from it and the reaction has been so overwhelmingly positive that we'd be crazy to stop!

Too many good factions still to do! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:

It's a long way from the end, and Cthulhu has had such a dramatic effect on the game, and we've gained so many new customers from it and the reaction has been so overwhelmingly positive that we'd be crazy to stop!

Too many good factions still to do!

Good to hear! I'll keep buying until I have 48 factions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:

Too many good factions still to do!

But the box has already run out of space D:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.